Where Gaming Begins - AMD RX6000 series Live Event

LAwLz
8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Which is why I was wondering how much AMD can do with drivers. They can't change the ray accelerators on the GPU itself, but I'm guessing biggest issue is that DXR to this date has only really been developed and tested for RTX cards. Even if it's a standard, it doesn't mean it's implemented ideally. Which is why I'm interested to see if Radeon RT performance will change in games that are most problematic with massive performance drops. Would be cool if it's all just driver issues and game issues coz of above mentioned things. But we can't know for sure. Would be cool if it's true though.

🤷‍♂️ I think games like Dirt 5 and Far Cry 6 proves its mostly just driver issues and optimization, not some magical feature like DLSS like the Nvidia fan bots have been claiming all this time. Now that the benchmarks are coming out, we can finally put an end to all that hot air they've been pumping into the gaming community. People should go with whatever brand they prefer, just don't try and bull shit me into going with one brand over the other because of your devotion to it. I don't appreciate it. 😒

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

10 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Which is why I was wondering how much AMD can do with drivers. They can't change the ray accelerators on the GPU itself, but I'm guessing biggest issue is that DXR to this date has only really been developed and tested for RTX cards. Even if it's a standard, it doesn't mean it's implemented ideally. Which is why I'm interested to see if Radeon RT performance will change in games that are most problematic with massive performance drops. Would be cool if it's all just driver issues and game issues coz of above mentioned things. But we can't know for sure. Would be cool if it's true though.

This might change in the future, since consoles are more similar to RX cards. We'll have to wait and see.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

9 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤷‍♂️ I think games like Dirt 5 and Far Cry 6 proves its mostly just driver issues and optimization, not some magical feature like DLSS like the Nvidia fan bots have been claiming all this time. Now that the benchmarks are coming out, we can finally put an end to all that hot air they've been pumping into the gaming community. People should go with whatever brand they prefer, just don't try and bull shit me into going with one brand over the other because of your devotion to it. I don't appreciate it. 😒

I mean, DLSS does work and does give a performance boost. Issue is, it's just in few games and then it's being parroted around like it's something general for NVIDIA. It's not. Until DLSS can function with ANY game, it shouldn't be a focused thing. It should be at the end of reviews as "btw, there is this cool thing". And that's where DLSS belongs. With the insanely limited scope, it's just a fancy tech demo, not something that's realistically useful.

5 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

This might change in the future, since consoles are more similar to RX cards. We'll have to wait and see.

And not every game implements the same effects in to Ray Tracing paths or does so in a less demanding way. Could very well be a case of so long as you do not overburden RDNA2 with RT operations the performance will be great but once you cross that boundary the performance massively goes down.

Basically it's slightly too soon to be pointing at some games where it performs really great and assume it's solely optimization, each game is doing different things with different amounts of RT effects and that will more likely have a bigger impact than optimization alone.

Personally I think what will happen is games will start to use RDNA2 as the baseline capability of RT effects and design around that then offer the ability to enable or increase RT effects for cards with strong RT capabilities, that being either RTX 3000 or future AMD/Nvidia GPUs etc. It really is so early in the RT ecosystem nothing has really started to settle at all, consoles and console ports really could be the deciding factor this time.