Thoughts on my build plans? (First Build)

DrewGMR

You’re spending a good amount on looks/rgb. Thee is nothing wrong with that if you find a lot of value in that, however, you could get a lot more performance for the money if you wanted. 

26 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I'd probably go for a bit more PSU wattage or a Tier A PSU on a 5700XT since they're known to have high transients, but other than that I agree with this build.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

With the GPU releases from both Nvidia and AMD I suggest to wait at least one more week before coosing a GPU all together. 
I have bought a GTX 1660 in april, and it was good value for money, but I wouldn't buy it anymore under these circumstances.

If you can't wait to assemble, buy you GPU second hand (the 20xx series will spawn very fast on the used market when the 30xx series roll out together with the AMD's) and wait 6 months for stable drivers before you buy your own 30xx or Big Navi.

3 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

If you get a 800 watt psu and a 3070 its a whole new level of preformence for under or around 1500

i expect the 3070 will be very difficult to buy, due to low stock. amd's new 6000 series launches today as well, it's worth keeping an eye out.

either way, a 800w psu is overkill. a 550w psu is enough for the 3070, as it only draw 230W.

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i expect the 3070 will be very difficult to buy, due to low stock. amd's new 6000 series launches today as well, it's worth keeping an eye out.

either way, a 800w psu is overkill. a 550w psu is enough for the 3070, as it only draw 230W.

I mixed up the 3070 with the 3080 for power draw and depending on avalibilty and when OC is planning to buy the 3070 is a great choise and be much better than a 1660ti or a rx 5700.

12 minutes ago, Tostr4 said:

With the GPU releases from both Nvidia and AMD I suggest to wait at least one more week before coosing a GPU all together. 
I have bought a GTX 1660 in april, and it was good value for money, but I wouldn't buy it anymore under these circumstances.

If you can't wait to assemble, buy you GPU second hand (the 20xx series will spawn very fast on the used market when the 30xx series roll out together with the AMD's) and wait 6 months for stable drivers before you buy your own 30xx or Big Navi.

This is what I'm hearing from a lot of people, I've waited so long already so I guess 1 more week isn't too bad. So far I just have RAM sitting on my desk as my only purchase so far. 

22 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Lol no worries! I should have stipulated that my build is CAD - now edited in main post.