Best bang for buck laptop? ($1200-1500) (Japan)

Hello everyone!

I live in Japan. I have roughly $1200-$1500 USD to spend on a laptop. I plan to use it for both work (powerpoint, word, web browsing etc.) and gaming (CK2, Bannerlord, RDR2, KCD etc.)

I've looked at a few on Amazon Japan, but a bit unsure about a few thing. Should I go with an Intel 10 series laptop, since they seem to have better GPUs in them? Or is getting something like a Ryzen 4800 H / HS better? Whats the minimum GPU I should get, 1660ti? 2060 Max-Q? Is 16gb of memory kind of a must for laptops nowadays, or is 8 still fine?

Considering I am so unsure about a lot of things, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a best bang for my buck laptop within that price range?

Thank you!!!

Can you get the xmg core 15 ryzen 4000 there (or whatever other brand that rebranded the clevo laptop. You might even be able to get the clevo one) it's the best ryzen laptop on the market and uses the best rtx 2060 in a laptop which is one of the strongest mobile gpu's (due to it being able to go to 110w of power consumption and having good cooling it beats almost all cards that have a lower max wattage). It also has the best mobile ryzen 4000 because it can let it run at desktop speeds no problem.

So basically a desktop 3700x + almost desktop rtx 2060 in a laptop doesn't get much better than that all whilst being a normal laptop in terms of size and weight. Also has a really good screen. Should be around 1350$ for the max power config with 16gb of ram and a decent sized ssd. Oh yeah also this laptop is upgradeable so don't worry too much about ram and storage.

If that one can't be had the hp omen ryzen 4000 is a good second choice. It's more of a normal laptop in terms of performance but still is above the other ryzen 4000 laptops in basically all categories (the g14 does have better build quality).

On 10/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, jaslion said:

Can you get the xmg core 15 ryzen 4000 there (or whatever other brand that rebranded the clevo laptop. You might even be able to get the clevo one) it's the best ryzen laptop on the market and uses the best rtx 2060 in a laptop which is one of the strongest mobile gpu's (due to it being able to go to 110w of power consumption and having good cooling it beats almost all cards that have a lower max wattage). It also has the best mobile ryzen 4000 because it can let it run at desktop speeds no problem.

So basically a desktop 3700x + almost desktop rtx 2060 in a laptop doesn't get much better than that all whilst being a normal laptop in terms of size and weight. Also has a really good screen. Should be around 1350$ for the max power config with 16gb of ram and a decent sized ssd. Oh yeah also this laptop is upgradeable so don't worry too much about ram and storage.

I can't actually find a laptop called an xmg core 15 on any website, both US and Japan amazon don't have it lasted, neither does new egg.

Can you send me a link to a site that is selling it? If its that good, and roughly $1300-1400, I don't mind spending an extra $100 to have it shipped to me.

8 hours ago, VincentVolaju said:

I can't actually find a laptop called an xmg core 15 on any website, both US and Japan amazon don't have it lasted, neither does new egg.

Can you send me a link to a site that is selling it? If its that good, and roughly $1300-1400, I don't mind spending an extra $100 to have it shipped to me.

https://www.xmg.gg/en/xmg-core-15

This laptop is also known as the tongfang GK5NR0O