Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NZXT H400 airflow doubts

Hello,

I have some doubts about a new airflow configurations to do on this case.

At first, the case was mounted with its original 3x120mm fans, two pulling air from the front and one pushing air out of the case, plus a 120mm AIO from cooler master mounted on the top, pushing air into the radiator and out of the case. Now I'm starting to prepare for an upgrade, I have in mind to put there a 5800x/5900x and a 6800 xt or a 3080, so I started buying an Arctic liquid freezer II 280 AIO, thinking that I could put in top, two 140mm arctic f14 fans to put on the front of the case and one f12 into the rear, with the same configuration as it was at the beginning. But when the liquid freezer arrived, I discovered it was a way thicker boy then I tought, so much that it couldn't be mounted on the top, because the RAM is on the way. So I had to rethink everything and now the configuration is the one in the photos: radiator on the front, with fans pulling air across it and sending air into the case, with the f12 on the rear and an f14 on the top, both pushing out of the case. With my actual configuration, a ryzen 5 3600 overclocked at 4.275ghz at 1.25v all core and my sapphire 5700xt nitro+, games work good with very reasonable temperatures (50°C on the cpu max and 72 on the gpu, clocking 2ghz). The only thing that really put the system on his knees was occt, that pushed, during a combined test gpu3d+ cpu:linpack, the cpu to 70°C and GPU past 80°C, while clocking a pretty sad 1750mhz. Even if I know that's not a possible scenario, I'm worried that more powerful components will suffer inside there. Knowing that the AIO can be mounted only in the way I mounted it because of space problems (if i put the fans in front of the radiator there won't be any space for the tubes to pass), do you think that it will be enough, or have any advice to make things better? Or is it a better idea to just change case for something a little bigger and capable in terms of cooling? Thank you 

And for the love of god, don't buy liquid freezers II for this case, even if it barely fitted, the dust filter on the front can't go all the way in now...

If it can be useful, I'll leave here the complete configuration of the system:

 

CPU Ryzen 5 3600 4.275ghz@1.25v

RAM Ballistix 2x8gb 3600mhz

GPU Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT Stock, performance bios

MOTHERBOARD Asrock x570m pro4 

POWER SUPPLY Seasonic Focus+ 750w 80+ gold

 

 

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get a new case. The h400 is known for not having great airflow also your images are not working. Basically anything half decent with a mesh front will do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just get a new case. The h400 is known for not having great airflow also your images are not working. Basically anything half decent with a mesh front will do.

thank you for reply, sadly I was pretty sure about that... but I still wanted to try and keep it. Images fixed

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, apc98 said:

thank you for reply, sadly I was pretty sure about that... but I still wanted to try and keep it. Images fixed

Yeah as your config is right now it's about as good as it's gonna get. The aio will make the gpu run hotter because well hot air comes out of it and there is little to do about that. You can't mount it at the top which would have been the preferable spot so really there is little you can do with your system as is to improve temps part from leave the side off.

 

This case is also kinda not really well made for aio's nzxt even mounts them wrong in their pictures with the tubes at the top which is well a bad idea :p.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah as your config is right now it's about as good as it's gonna get. The aio will make the gpu run hotter because well hot air comes out of it and there is little to do about that. You can't mount it at the top which would have been the preferable spot so really there is little you can do with your system as is to improve temps part from leave the side off.

 

This case is also kinda not really well made for aio's nzxt even mounts them wrong in their pictures with the tubes at the top which is well a bad idea :p.

well, guess I'll go for a Phanteks evolv x or a Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh... Thank you for your replies

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, apc98 said:

well, guess I'll go for a Phanteks evolv x or a Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh... Thank you for your replies

The evolv x has barely any better airflow. You really want a full front mesh panel case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, apc98 said:

well, guess I'll go for a Phanteks evolv x or a Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh... Thank you for your replies

Hello,

 

Just ran across this thread; and as Jaslion stated, you do want a case with the full front mesh panel to get better airflow into your setup. The Matrexx 55 Mesh variant is an excellent choice at a decent price point. Plus you can mount up to a 280mm AIO on top to exhaust the heat up and out. 

 

DeepCool Support

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×