Need to Finalize a price and part list soon!

NarwhalKing33

I am gonna finalize a build soon and need to have a estimated price and parts list. Of course this year with all the new releases are a problem. I may up grade next year depending on the availability of everything. PLS help! (I have taken some of the Tier Lists into account.)

personally id go 32gb of ram given the price these days, also id never pay $100 for windows 10.. you can get a key off ebay for $6 and ive yet to have an issue with it and most sellers will send you a new key if you do

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

6 minutes ago, DesolationGod said:

personally id go 32gb of ram given the price these days, also id never pay $100 for windows 10.. you can get a key off ebay for $6 and ive yet to have an issue with it and most sellers will send you a new key if you do. but yea looks solid

I can upgrade to 32gb of ram if I can get a cheaper windows 10 key. Know any reputable buyers?

• Why do you have two different 500GB SSDs? Just get 1 1TB one.
  • I'd take a look at the PSU tier list and make sure you're getting something in the top two tiers.
  • Why did you just dump this in General 🙄
  • I'd get a case with better airflow.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

One ssd is for hard drive acceleration (WD SN 750).  The other is for boot. And the top two tiers on the PSU tier list are  pricy and some have higher wattages than what I need. What would be a good case bc I just saw that it had 4 fans included so I took it?

26 minutes ago, dizmo said:
  • Why do you have two different 500GB SSDs? Just get 1 1TB one.
  • I'd take a look at the PSU tier list and make sure you're getting something in the top two tiers.
  • Why did you just dump this in General 🙄
  • I'd get a case with better airflow.

I  am new to this forum idk where to post this. 

46 minutes ago, NarwhalKing33 said:

I can upgrade to 32gb of ram if I can get a cheaper windows 10 key. Know any reputable buyers?

You can use windows 10 for free, i've been using it without activiation for years now and I dont see a problem with it at all.

52 minutes ago, NarwhalKing33 said:

One ssd is for hard drive acceleration (WD SN 750).  The other is for boot. And the top two tiers on the PSU tier list are  pricy and some have higher wattages than what I need. What would be a good case bc I just saw that it had 4 fans included so I took it?

I  am new to this forum idk where to post this. 

I wouldn't bother accelerating the HDD. Certainly not with an NVME drive. If anything, just throw a small SATA drive on it. You'll get more out of a larger SSD for games.
The PSU powers your entire system. Cheaping out on it isn't a smart idea.

Check out the Gamers Nexus best airflow cases of 2020 video and see if there's any you like.

You didn't look too hard, though, did you 😛 There's literally a 'New Builds and Planning' section. Just takes a few scroll wheels down the page to see it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

You didn't look too hard, though, did you 😛 There's literally a 'New Builds and Planning' section. Just takes a few scroll wheels down the page to see it.

I think a lot of people go underkill or overkill on motherboard purchases. That is another area you do not want to cheap out on, but I posted your quote because its so true. But you mentioned in same post, dont care to highlite to multi quote, Cheaping out.

You NEED a better psu, that wont be able a 3070. Maybe a 650 watt 80+ gold rated unit. PCI-e gen 4 is a nice to have not a must, consider getting a gen 3 drive and investing the money saved in a better psu.