£1400 PC Setup for Gaming

_lucalink

Budget (including currency): £1400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Gaming, Photoshop, School Work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am looking at building a PC after Christmas for AAA gaming and School. I was going to be doing setup for around £1100 now but realised it is probably better to wait and spend a bit more. I am thinking of using a 3060ti as that is rumoured to launch next month or the new AMD equivalent depending on what they announce tomorrow. I need to Include a monitor, keyboard and mouse aswell as a desk mat and ideally a headset but that is not essential. As far as I can see the 3060ti should launch for around 400usd so based on pricing for the other 3000 series cards in the UK I am expecting it to be around £380. It would be great to have a ryzen 5000 processor however the 5600x is launching for £280 or £290 in the UK so not sure if that's reasonable for this budget, so the 5600 would probably be better but I'm not quite sure when that's launching. Other than that I am really not sure what is reasonable for this budget so I won't say anymore about components that I would like. I am not sure what resolution is reasonable for this budget, maybe 1440p? so I won't say anything about that. Sorry for the long price of writing.

You're best off waiting until the products actually launch and the week before you build to ask for a list. Prices change every hour and one deal we recommend could be gone.

You'd probably be targetting 1440p 144hz at 1400 quid. 

In addition, rumours are just rumours. The 3060 Ti may never happen, Navi might just be a huge hype train (although the latter I doubt), so again, come back when you actually buy. We have really active members and a large amount of them, you'll get a reply almost instantly.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

You can get a good 1440p 144hz monitor and the peripherals for about £500. With the £900 remaining, I would say you would be able to fit the rumoured "3060ti" in that budget but we don't know if or when that's releasing. Going AMD may prove better price to performance, so wait for tomorrow and see what you think you would be able to fit in your budget. For the CPU, waiting for the 5600 (which is rumoured to be around $220, so probably about £200), might be a good idea. That leaves around £300 for the PSU, storage, case and RAM. Definitely doable. 

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

24 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

You're best off waiting until the products actually launch and the week before you build to ask for a list. Prices change every hour and one deal we recommend could be gone.

You'd probably be targetting 1440p 144hz at 1400 quid. 

In addition, rumours are just rumours. The 3060 Ti may never happen, Navi might just be a huge hype train (although the latter I doubt), so again, come back when you actually buy. We have really active members and a large amount of them, you'll get a reply almost instantly.

Ill wait for config then but would just like to say that 3060ti details were spotted on GPU-Z and accidentally went up preorder on a chinese retailers website.