Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Shure Microphone

Hmm, a dual output is kinda cool aslong as the USB section ain't shitty.

Could see it being ideal for certain use cases, such as streaming. If your interface fails, then you just chuck a USB cable into it and you're off to the races.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or audio gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Spent over 960k on audio gear, still trying to increase sound quality.

Why 44.1kHz is all you need: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem

How loud should you listen?: http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

Hmm, a dual output is kinda cool aslong as the USB section ain't shitty.

Could see it being ideal for certain use cases, such as streaming. If your interface fails, then you just chuck a USB cable into it and you're off to the races.

My issue is the price, there are damn good proper XLR setups for that price (Aston Stealth etc etc) so I'm not sure if I'd recommend a USB/XLR over that. Especially considering we usually recommend USB/XLR as a stepping stone to a proper XLR setup.

Sloth's the name, audio gear is the game
My Microphone and Interface tips and recommendations

33 minutes ago, The Flying Sloth said:

My issue is the price, there are damn good proper XLR setups for that price (Aston Stealth etc etc) so I'm not sure if I'd recommend a USB/XLR over that. Especially considering we usually recommend USB/XLR as a stepping stone to a proper XLR setup.

The price is a bit iffy.

I reckon this is aimed mostly at someone who will usually have an interface at home, but may need to record simply to a laptop when out and about and also wants just a single microphone.

Funnily enough most people don't want lots of microphones unlike us two lol.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or audio gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Spent over 960k on audio gear, still trying to increase sound quality.

Why 44.1kHz is all you need: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem

How loud should you listen?: http://dangerousdecibels.org/education/information-center/decibel-exposure-time-guidelines/

IMO the sound isn't the best for the price.

Here in AUS you can get a better sounding Rode Podmic "pack", which includes an XLR cable, podmic, cheap audio interface and a PSA1 for the same price as just the MV7

I agree compared to other options there are probably better.

BUT there are people who want high quality USB microphones. If thats because of technical skill, or they dont want a interface or because of other reason.
This has a market and there has been people come to this forum who this would of worked for.

Here to educated the audio board on their bad choices.

Looks perfect for someone like me. I have a strong dislike for head set microphones. I'd rather have a nicer set of head phones and mic than pay for "meh" quality of both, but not really wanting to step up to XLR yet as I don't have a justification for it.

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (2x16), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Geeek A60 Plus, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR RM650x, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones