Is this gaming PC good

Budget (including currency): $750 USD (PC Only and pre-built only)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Aiming for 144hz and up @1080p 4K gaming

I am looking for a prebuilt gaming PC with a budget of 750 dollars (USD). I found one thats a dell gaming PC. Can anyone tell me if it is a good gaming PC? Thanks!

PC: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/dell-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5000-desktop/gd5090g520sbf

There's no SSD and  thats an immediate deal killer 

Wouldn't plan on 1080p 144hz with a 1660ti let alone any 4k gaming 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

There's no SSD and  thats an immediate deal killer 

Wouldn't plan on 1080p 144hz with a 1660ti let alone any 4k gaming 

So this PC isn't worth it is what you'r trying to say?

2 minutes ago, CorrupteddSide said:

So this PC isn't worth it is what you'r trying to say?

For the price it's fine, but for what you want to do you'll be a little choked 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

This build can do 144hz but not at high or epic settings on Fortnite. If you turn shadows off with high settings then you probably could reach 144fps or if you play with competitive settings. However, on top of no SSD, it only has 8GB of RAM. You really should be aiming for 16GB of RAM nowadays, especially in a $750 build otherwise you'll more than likely experience a bunch of stuttering.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

11 minutes ago, CorrupteddSide said:

Budget (including currency): $750 USD (PC Only and pre-built only)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Aiming for 144hz and up @1080p 4K gaming

I am looking for a prebuilt gaming PC with a budget of 750 dollars (USD). I found one thats a dell gaming PC. Can anyone tell me if it is a good gaming PC? Thanks!

PC: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/dell-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5000-desktop/gd5090g520sbf

Few rules of thumb when looking at prebuilds.

Bang for buck: Check what it would cost u to build it urself.

Quality: Check what 'specific' parts they are using, if they happen to not list a specific component its probably because its low tier.

The one linked is a classic example of low quality prebuilds, though tis price isnt that bad.

No specific information on motherboard, what ram, other than its 1 stick so ur not even getting dual channel, no SSD, and likely a rando OEM PSu thats only 360w at that.

Now check what u can buidl urself with similar parts but better.

Here for roughly the same price u can build a system with more RAm in dual channel as it should be, a better PSU, and a SSD. it also comes with a B450 motherboard , the dell likely comes with a very low end H410.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

so the storage is 1TB (1000 gigabytes, right) and is the GPU good? as long as i can play 144hz on low settings i will be happy (also, if i use a 144hz monitor will i get a guarentee 144hz in game?) thanks!!!!

44 minutes ago, CorrupteddSide said:

so the storage is 1TB (1000 gigabytes, right) and is the GPU good? as long as i can play 144hz on low settings i will be happy (also, if i use a 144hz monitor will i get a guarentee 144hz in game?) thanks!!!!

If you're talking about that Dell prebuilt, I think you should look for a different one. The GPU is fine, not best bang for the buck, but good nonetheless, but the problem is lack of SSD and single stick of 8gb RAM which will decrease your performance a bunch. 

It depends on what games you're playing. On Fortnite with low/competitive settings it would be able to reach above 144 fps.

The more I learn, the more I realise I don't actually know anything. 

Recommendations: Lian Li 205m (sleek, pretty decent airflow for a non-mesh front panel and cheap), i5-10400f (Ryzen 5 3600 performance, 20% cheaper), Arctic P14 PWM fans, Logitech g305.

If you're quite stress-resistant and have alot of patience, you can be fine with an HDD.

But trust me, with modern Hardware, but an HDD instead SSD, you will probably manifest some form of Tourette.

Please, do NOT buy this Computer. Build your own, and for the love of anything you believe in, put a SSD in - even a cheap 250-500 gb Sata SSD is fine. Anything but those old HDDs.