Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would moving from this case to this one affect airlow and raise temps

I have this cougar panzer max case which is a full tower case and i'm trying to move my parts from that to a mid tower case called gamemax starlight black frgb

pictures down:

1570800127_1511293.jpg

1.jpg

That second case seems to have no front ventilation part from those tiny cutouts. This will cause a significant rise in temps. Why would you want to go from a perfectly good case to a terrible one? Also that new gamemax case is only 10cm smaller and that is mainly because the cougar has those handles. Without those it would only be a couple cm difference so this is a pretty pointless move to make the system smaller.

If you really want a tiny full size atx case then get a Riotoro cr1080 and a couple arctic p12 fans to put in front for airflow.

27 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That second case seems to have no front ventilation part from those tiny cutouts. This will cause a significant rise in temps. Why would you want to go from a perfectly good case to a terrible one? Also that new gamemax case is only 10cm smaller and that is mainly because the cougar has those handles. Without those it would only be a couple cm difference so this is a pretty pointless move to make the system smaller.

If you really want a tiny full size atx case then get a Riotoro cr1080 and a couple arctic p12 fans to put in front for airflow.

Even with the 3 front fans on the gamemax one ? it would still be more hot ?

1 hour ago, ThatPizzaGuy said:

Even with the 3 front fans on the gamemax one ? it would still be more hot ?

Yes of course. No amount of fans is going to help the fact that there are basically no ventilation holes. You can only get so much air through those. Got a budget and what are your system specs?

Do you just want rgb in your case? If so plenty of cheap rgb 5 packs on amazon.

you can get a good loking case for cheap. Phatneks p300A mesh 50$, and 3-5 rgn fan pack 20-30$. or p400A digital and 1 rgb fan (100$ total)

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Currently selling:

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Currently working on:

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Ventus gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Silverstone essential 400w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Ask me anything :)

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes of course. No amount of fans is going to help the fact that there are basically no ventilation holes. You can only get so much air through those. Got a budget and what are your system specs?

Do you just want rgb in your case? If so plenty of cheap rgb 5 packs on amazon.

Rtx 2070 super, i7 9700k, corsair vengeance 3000 mhz ddr4, z390 a-pro motherboard.

10 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

you can get a good loking case for cheap. Phatneks p300A mesh 50$, and 3-5 rgn fan pack 20-30$. or p400A digital and 1 rgb fan (100$ total)

oh yeah that why the second one in the pictures caught my attention, it has already 4 fans installed and it costs only 50$, crazy cheap

Just now, ThatPizzaGuy said:

oh yeah that why the second one in the pictures caught my attention, it has already 4 fans installed and it costs only 50$, crazy cheap

It's cheap for a reason. Plastic is cheaper than metal. It's just a bad case and skip it. I'd just keep your current case unless it really really is to big. If that is the case get the riotoro I mentioned and put some fans you like in it. You can't go too much smaller than that for atx.

With your specs that rgb case you wanted is gonna cause so many thermal issues.

46 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's cheap for a reason. Plastic is cheaper than metal. It's just a bad case and skip it. I'd just keep your current case unless it really really is to big. If that is the case get the riotoro I mentioned and put some fans you like in it. You can't go too much smaller than that for atx.

With your specs that rgb case you wanted is gonna cause so many thermal issues.

Thank you for the great help, the only thing tempting me to change it is because i listed it on a local listing and i got a 100$ offer on it which is great, cuz i only paid 30$ more than that for it.

8 minutes ago, ThatPizzaGuy said:

Thank you for the great help, the only thing tempting me to change it is because i listed it on a local listing and i got a 100$ offer on it which is great, cuz i only paid 30$ more than that for it.

Might as well just keep the case if it's not being a problem.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Might as well just keep the case if it's not being a problem.

Side question btw, i built this pc 2 months ago, and my gpu is an rtx 2070 super and would any upgrade to the rtx 3000 series be worth it or nah ?

3 minutes ago, ThatPizzaGuy said:

Side question btw, i built this pc 2 months ago, and my gpu is an rtx 2070 super and would any upgrade to the rtx 3000 series be worth it or nah ?

Is it still performing good enough for you? If yes maybe upgrade if no then not.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Is it still performing good enough for you? If yes maybe upgrade if no then not.

i've read your answer and it was for me to understand it lol, you mean if my gpu is doing good then it's not worth it and if it's doing bad it is worth it then, yeah i'm easily getting around 144 fps on 1440p on games i play, thank you for the help and that's all.

12 hours ago, ThatPizzaGuy said:

i've read your answer and it was for me to understand it lol, you mean if my gpu is doing good then it's not worth it and if it's doing bad it is worth it then, yeah i'm easily getting around 144 fps on 1440p on games i play, thank you for the help and that's all.

Yup that is what I meant. If your card is gaming just fine then there is no reason for an upgrade. That and it's not like you'll get a 3000 series before januari :p.

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Yup that is what I meant. If your card is gaming just fine then there is no reason for an upgrade. That and it's not like you'll get a 3000 series before januari :p.

True about the stock thing and i'm not even from the USA so it'll be even harder for me to get the new gen, thanks for the help

11 minutes ago, ThatPizzaGuy said:

True about the stock thing and i'm not even from the USA so it'll be even harder for me to get the new gen, thanks for the help

Worldwide release*

*only applicable for usa and select European countries

Basically what nvidia does :p.