16g ram runs at 3200, but 32g at 3200 bootloops

So I have a 9900k, Asus strix Z-390-F, Asus strix 1080ti, 16g 3200 dominator platinum (2x8g). Ran like a dream. Ran at XMPII.  However, I purchased the same exact memory and installed it, now ram doesn't run over 2133...when I enable XMP computer goes into bootloops.

5 minutes ago, Burkham said:

enable XMP

so disable XMP and be happy with a stable system

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Burkham said:

So I have a 9900k, Asus strix Z-390-F, Asus strix 1080ti, 16g 3200 dominator platinum (2x8g). Ran like a dream. Ran at XMPII.  However, I purchased the same exact memory and installed it, now ram doesn't run over 2133...when I enable XMP computer goes into bootloops.

I ran into the same issue with my Ryzen system. It turns out my motherboard has a "daisy chain" configuration, which means it's designed to pump more current into the primary 2 DIMM slots so that the user to achieve higher RAM overclocks. The downside is that the second two DIMM slots don't get as much current, so are unlikely to run at XMP frequencies.

I would look into whether your motherboard has the same config. Hopefully your second kit is still within the return period so that you can get your money back.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

8 minutes ago, Burkham said:

Try manually set timings?

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

so disable XMP and be happy with a stable system

14 minutes ago, IrshaadH said:

I ran into the same issue with my Ryzen system. It turns out my motherboard has a "daisy chain" configuration, which means it's designed to pump more current into the primary 2 DIMM slots so that the user to achieve higher RAM overclocks. The downside is that the second two DIMM slots don't get as much current, so are unlikely to run at XMP frequencies.

I would look into whether your motherboard has the same config. Hopefully your second kit is still within the return period so that you can get your money back.

Idk, I looked in the manual, it states that it's able to run all four dimms at 4266

That's because more RAM puts more stress on the memory controller. 

Try bumping up the system agent voltage a tiny bit. 

3 minutes ago, Burkham said:

Idk, I looked in the manual, it states that it's able to run all four dimms at 4266

so does mine, but it also depends on the type of RAM your using and its impact on the memory controller, as WereCat mentions. Check your motherboard's QVL, you should be able to find it on the website.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

21 minutes ago, IrshaadH said:

so does mine, but it also depends on the type of RAM your using and its impact on the memory controller, as WereCat mentions. Check your motherboard's QVL, you should be able to find it on the website.

I'm not finding my exact memory model on the QVL...so does that mean I'm just up the creek without a paddle?

4 minutes ago, Burkham said:

I'm not finding my exact memory model on the QVL...so does that mean I'm just up the creek without a paddle?

Unfortunately, that's likely. Are you still within the return period for your RAM? If you need 32gb, you're better off getting a 2x16 kit.

So new question for everyone on this thread, what's better, 32g at 2133 or 16g at 3200? Lol