Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a custom laptop from cyber power pc that I’ve had issues with since purchasing years ago. I am needing to upgrade the graphics card and replace one of the fans as the laptop runs very hot and no longer gets the FPS it did before. I’ve attached an image of the specs I could find and know nothing about it. Any help on what parts I should get and whether it can even be upgraded would be amazing!

57437840-34B0-40DD-B476-9A28170EA6E6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think you can upgrade the GPU, it's soldered on the motherboard it looks like.

 

I would throw a small SSD in to boot off of, and maybe grab another 8GB SODIMM.

 

Fan replacement should be straight forward, but you'd probably have to get into it to determine what exact fan you need to order.

 

 

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the GPU is a big no there is a small chance if you find something exact and stuff and resolder

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dedayog said:

Don't think you can upgrade the GPU, it's soldered on the motherboard it looks like.

 

I would throw a small SSD in to boot off of, and maybe grab another 8GB SODIMM.

 

Fan replacement should be straight forward, but you'd probably have to get into it to determine what exact fan you need to order.

 

 

Thanks for the info! It has an ssd installed already. I added it on when I ordered the laptop. 
 

I’ll take a look at the fan to see. 
 

when I first got the laptop it was melting ram chips. I sent in for warranty repair but all they did was reinstall windows and replace the melted chips. It has run extremely hot since I got it. 
 

I guess if I can’t replace the graphics card I would be interested to figure out how to keep it from burning up. The fans work but the one fan makes a grinding sound. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yesimacow said:

Thanks for the info! It has an ssd installed already. I added it on when I ordered the laptop. 
 

I’ll take a look at the fan to see. 
 

when I first got the laptop it was melting ram chips. I sent in for warranty repair but all they did was reinstall windows and replace the melted chips. It has run extremely hot since I got it. 
 

I guess if I can’t replace the graphics card I would be interested to figure out how to keep it from burning up. The fans work but the one fan makes a grinding sound. 

Ahh, any other things you've done to it?  

 

How do you use the laptop?  On a desk?  Lap?  Bed/Couch?  Are you allowing airflow and heat dissipation?  

 

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dedayog said:

Ahh, any other things you've done to it?  

 

How do you use the laptop?  On a desk?  Lap?  Bed/Couch?  Are you allowing airflow and heat dissipation?  

 

It sits on a cooling fan pad on a lap table. 
 

Other than having the ssd added I believe nothing else has been done. 

6F54E1B9-3B91-428B-9FCF-3A75E8A6F60E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Yesimacow said:

It sits on a cooling fan pad on a lap table. 
 

Other than having the ssd added I believe nothing else has been done. 

6F54E1B9-3B91-428B-9FCF-3A75E8A6F60E.jpeg

And it still overheats?  Definitely rip it apart and see what to clean or replace that fan.  

Emma : i7 8700K @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS z370 Gaming 5 - ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB M.2 (RAID 0) - EVGA Supernova 650 P2 - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Logitech G910, G502, G933 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 (stock) - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 2400Mhz - GeForce 8800GTS 640MB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Dell 19" 4:3

 

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

 

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×