Hundred dollar ryzen 7 1700

From my last i9 ES post I mentioned other cheap CPU's albeit they werent this one I still wanted to mention it. Its a tray version (??) of the ryzen 1700 and doesnt come with heatsinks or fancy boxes, just a small black box with the cpu and the sticker. Found it on taobao for around 100 dollars US and was immedietly intruiged by the thing. It performs the same, is new and is cheap, as far as i see the reviews arent fake and I just bought one for myself to use in a future build, whats everyones opinion on this? I havent found any other 1700 or ryzen bulk order cpu's before so this is a first for me.

What would you  be doing? The r3 3100 is like 115usd rn, and comes with a good cooler, tray ones dont. The 3100 is better than the 1700 for most games, but is worse in encoding.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Yes,  1700 PRO. For OEM / Server, so it doesn't come with heatsinks.

Pretty good deal if you want 8 cores.

For gaming go with a faster 4 cores.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

52 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

What would you  be doing? The r3 3100 is like 115usd rn, and comes with a good cooler, tray ones dont. The 3100 is better than the 1700 for most games, but is worse in encoding.

I mostly do CAD with fusion and solidworks and I do some editing and rendering so I picked it, better deal for me. I was originally going to go with either a tenth gen i5, 17 or a ryzen 5 3500x, ryzen 5 1600 AF. I ended up going with the 1700 purely because a. Its cheaper, b. Its better for my use case.

43 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes,  1700 PRO. For OEM / Server, so it doesn't come with heatsinks.

Pretty good deal if you want 8 cores.

For gaming go with a faster 4 cores.

surprisingly it isnt that, its just the normal 1700, idk how and why but hey its a bargain for what I do

For $100 it's totally a bargain.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah and multiple sellers have it at the exact same price as well. Weird but if it works it works

3 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Probably all it's worth. It's really not an impressive Cpu looking at what is released after it. Certainly wouldn't pass it up, but in a month it might only be 80$.... *shrugs*

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Probably all it's worth. It's really not an impressive Cpu looking at what is released after it. Certainly wouldn't pass it up, but in a month it might only be 80$.... *shrugs*

I agree, its a pretty nice deal right now especially when I can spend a bit more to get a more reliable and efficent powersupply and a better ssd

2 minutes ago, JoeJiaD said:

I agree, its a pretty nice deal right now especially when I can spend a bit more to get a more reliable and efficent powersupply and a better ssd

Yes, I know. Budget building is fun and challenging XD

But if you're gaming with this rig, it might had been wiser to upgrade the video card and overclock the Engineering Sample Intel chip. Generally the E samples are multiplier and voltage unlocked entirely. What was the i9 part number? Most Intel chips all the way back to say an E8500 where good for 4.5ghz - 5.0ghz.

22 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Yes, I know. Budget building is fun and challenging XD

But if you're gaming with this rig, it might had been wiser to upgrade the video card and overclock the Engineering Sample Intel chip. Generally the E samples are multiplier and voltage unlocked entirely. What was the i9 part number? Most Intel chips all the way back to say an E8500 where good for 4.5ghz - 5.0ghz.

Ill take a look at the part numbers for the ES chips, I got a rog strix 980, I dont game that much and all I want is smooth frames no matter what setting. Part numbers are: QTB0 10900t, QTB1 10900, QTB2 10900k

Just now, JoeJiaD said:

Ill take a look at the part numbers for the ES chips, I got a rog strix 980, I dont game that much and all I want is smooth frames no matter what setting. Part numbers are: QTB0 10900t ES QTB1 10900 QTB2 10900k

I have the exact same card.... in a box. It wasn't cutting it anymore.

Not enough VRam for a lot of todays games. So I use a 2060 instead (well, my kids do HTPC)

10900 ES chip? AND YOU BOUGHT A FREAKING AMD 1700??? 

I'm sorry for that. kinda shocking. ....

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Not enough VRam for a lot of todays games. So I use a 2060 instead (well, my kids do HTPC)

I mean I bought both :) and I got new motherboards for both

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I got the 980 for free, vr company ceo was a friend and just gave it to me

Just now, JoeJiaD said:

I mean I bought both :) and I got new motherboards for both

OHhhhh. ok then lol.

Save up for a new Gpu too. That 980 is a bit stretched with only 4GB Vmem.

OHhhhh. ok then lol.

Save up for a new Gpu too. That 980 is a bit stretched with only 4GB Vmem.

Ill send you the link for the i9 and the r7 if your interested, yeah ill probably upgrade to a 2060 or 3070 but we gotta see

Just now, JoeJiaD said:

Ill send you the link for the i9 and the r7 if your interested, yeah ill probably upgrade to a 2060 or 3070 but we gotta see

I'm good. Have a 1200 1400 2x ryzen athlons a 2700x and stopped my self from buying into 3000 series chips. Have an 8700K that I do legacy 3D benching with. And I won't count the vintage stuff. To my left 9 motherboard boxes on a small shelf, more in the back room lol. 

I need not more hardware. :P

I'm good. Have a 1200 1400 2x ryzen athlons a 2700x and stopped my self from buying into 3000 series chips. Have an 8700K that I do legacy 3D benching with. And I won't count the vintage stuff. To my left 9 motherboard boxes on a small shelf, more in the back room lol. 

I need not more hardware. :P

Damn Lol, imma do a youtube video on both cpu's, it looks like no one has done one on the i9 and no one has seen a 100 dollar 1700. Thanks for replying!