Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a few days ago I have put my pc to sleep mode, I went to sleep and I expected to continue my work next day, when I came back the lights are on as a normal sleep pc but it didn't wake up.

after few times of useless tries, I unplugged it and plugged it back again, and there is no sign of life by all means.

Things I tried to resolve the situation:

• unplugged the Motherboard and plugged it back making sure it's well connected.
  • unplugged the GPU and plugged it back making sure it's well connected too.
  • as well as the RAM.
  • I have changed the thermel it's meaningless and it won't resolve the problem, but I did it any way.

I'm just so confused, I mean if it was the power supply why didn't the lights went off before unplugging it the first time, and if it was the motherboard how do I know?

any one has some similar situation? what was the problem? or if you have any idea, please help!

Pc Details:

• it's a 1 year build (last Blackfriday)
  • motherboard: MPG MSI X570 gaming edge wifi
  • CPU: 3800X AMD
  • GPU: reddevil MSI 5700XT
  • RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 VENGEACE rgp pro "CMW16GX4M2C3600C18"
  • SSD: 1TB M.2 samsung nvme
  • Power Supply: 750W bequiet straight power 11

Have you tried completely unplugging the PSU from the wall for 10 mins? (not just the switch, complete unplug)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

Tried to clear CMOS on the mobo?

?TuringMachine?

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

-Nikola Tesla, New York, May 16, 1907

I don't have a PSU but I have already sat next to me for 2 days, I tried to plugged it back again and still not working

Just now, Meno-101 said:

I don't have a PSU

Wut

also remember to quote me when replying

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4 - I lost my pen so I convince myself I don't need it

"Sometimes I just buy computer hardware with no practical use for it, maybe I'm weird"

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I will try now to remove the battery if that works.

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Wut

yup I'm not a pro yet 😅💔

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Wut

Oh wait a psu is the same as the power supply, sorry silly me.

9 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

that didn't work

3 minutes ago, Meno-101 said:

that didn't work

Have you tried making sure that any modular power connectors are firmly secured on the power supply side, as well as on the motherboard side?

and also that your 8-pin EPS is plugged in firmly at both ends.

Motherboard Tier LIst

PC Troubleshooting

You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List

Desktop:

Laptop:

-Galileo Galilei, 1604

4 minutes ago, Meno-101 said:

that didn't work

You performed these steps?

Resetting BIOS to default values
1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord
2. Use a jumper cap to short JBAT1 for about 5-10 seconds.
3. Remove the jumper cap from JBAT1.
4. Plug the power cord and power on the computer.

Here is manual for your board, Clear CMOS is on page 39.

?TuringMachine?

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - HyperX Predator 3200 2x8 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

"If the genius of invention were to reveal tomorrow the secret of immortality, of eternal beauty and youth, for which all humanity is aching, the same inexorable agents which prevent a mass from changing suddenly its velocity would likewise resist the force of the new knowledge until time gradually modifies human thought."

As silly as it sounds, have you tried changing the fuse in your plug - that's if you are in a country that has them?

I know, unlikely...but, the amount of electrical items I've seen people effectively give up on and decide to throw away because they are completely dead and all it needed was a new fuse, or a new power cable, stuff like that...worth considering.

I always start with the most simple and obvious explanation and then work from there.

16 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

You performed these steps?

Resetting BIOS to default values
1. Power off the computer and unplug the power cord
2. Use a jumper cap to short JBAT1 for about 5-10 seconds.
3. Remove the jumper cap from JBAT1.
4. Plug the power cord and power on the computer.

Here is manual for your board, Clear CMOS is on page 39.

here is the manual: https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C37v1.1.pdf that didn't didn't work yet, I see no lights at all,

16 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Aa silly as it sounds, have you tried changing the fuse in your plug?

I know, unlikely...but, the amount of electrical items I've seen people effectively give up on and decide to throw away because they are completely dead and all it needed was a new fuse, or a new power cable, stuff like that.

neither this, I changed the cable and the fuse.

1 minute ago, Meno-101 said:

here is the manual: https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C37v1.1.pdf that didn't didn't work yet, I see no lights at all,

neither this, I changed the cable and the fuse.

My link wasn't included? o.O Thats strange.. well you got it yourself then.

Well, so absolutely nothing happens when you hit the power button? Not even a sound? Do you have another PSU to try on the system?

?TuringMachine?

5 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

My link wasn't included? o.O Thats strange.. well you got it yourself then.

Well, so absolutely nothing happens when you hit the power button? Not even a sound? Do you have another PSU to try on the system?

Nope nothing like a dead body, no light or sound, and I don't have a spare PSU to test, I afraid if I got a new PSU or contacted the international guaranties it turns out to be something else that's why I'm asking if someone may have any idea what it's or perhaps had similar problem.

do you suggest to buy a new cheap PSU?

1 minute ago, Meno-101 said:

Nope nothing like a dead body, no light or sound, and I don't have a spare PSU to test, I afraid if I got a new PSU or contacted the international guaranties it turns out to be something else that's why I'm asking if someone may have any idea what it's or perhaps had similar problem.

do you suggest to buy a new cheap PSU?

It can be the PSU, but it can also be the CPU/mobo just as easy. If you had a PSU to test we could know that it didn't help to replace the PSU. Or you could test it with a multimeter but if you had one and knew how you probably would have done so already. As an alternative. Is there anyone you know that will help you by letting you try your PSU on their machine or maybe borrow their PSU?

?TuringMachine?

4 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

It can be the PSU, but it can also be the CPU/mobo just as easy. If you had a PSU to test we could know that it didn't help to replace the PSU. Or you could test it with a multimeter but if you had one and knew how you probably would have done so already. As an alternative. Is there anyone you know that will help you by letting you try your PSU on their machine or maybe borrow their PSU?

That's a good I dea I have my neighbor might help me with that, I will get the PSU to him and we will have a test if it works on his pc then problem solved.

I will let you know what will happen tomorrow, it's 4am here.

2 hours ago, Meno-101 said:

That's a good I dea I have my neighbor might help me with that, I will get the PSU to him and we will have a test if it works on his pc then problem solved.

I will let you know what will happen tomorrow, it's 4am here.

_Sure thing! :) 

?TuringMachine?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I finally did it, Yep it was the PSU.

Thank you everyone for your help :)

On 10/27/2020 at 6:33 AM, aDoomGuy said:

_Sure thing! :) 

On 10/27/2020 at 3:18 AM, RadiatingLight said:

Have you tried making sure that any modular power connectors are firmly secured on the power supply side, as well as on the motherboard side?

and also that your 8-pin EPS is plugged in firmly at both ends.