My new build shut off twice in game, but now it runs perfectly fine. Should I be worried?

Ghost Stories

Hello fellas, I just finished building my new PC two days ago (still waiting for a new GPU tho). I was playing CSGO yesterday for 5-10 mins when the game froze and then the system shut off. I booted it up and the same thing happened again. I did a visual check and found nothing wrong, so I contacted Amazon for a replacement PSU. Since it would not arrive until today, I looked deeper online and found that the issue could be caused by other components. So I tightened all connections just in case and did some benchmarks to see if the system shut off. Surprisingly, it survived Cinebench, Prime95, and Heaven Benchmark, and when I played CSGO, it never shut off again. Although the GPU ran a bit hot in Heaven Benchmark (max 94°C), it is a 4-year-old RX 470 and I'm about to get a new one soon.

Now I just received the new PSU, but don't know if I should swap it in. Any advice? Thanks!

My system configuration:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
  • RAM: Ripjaw 3600Mhz 16GBx2
  • PSU: Corsair RM750x
  • GPU: RX 470 (temporarily)

check your event viewer logs to see if any there are any useful logs. the gpu temp is past limit, which is 93c for that gpu. are you sure it didn't shut off due to gpu overheating?

as far as the psu, up to you, but i would swap it in since you already have it, if it is an rma that is*

25 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

check your event viewer logs to see if any there are any useful logs. the gpu temp is past limit, which is 93c for that gpu. are you sure it didn't shut off due to gpu overheating?

as far as the psu, up to you, but i would swap it in since you already have it, if it is an rma that is*

Thanks for your reply. There are indeed two errors in the event viewer logs, the earlier one states "The AMD User Experience Program Launcher service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.", and the latter one does not have any useful info. I'm not too sure what it means. As for the gpu overheating, the system did not crash when I overclocked it, and the temp was measured using MSI Afterburner.

The PSU is an rma, so I guess it really depends on me.