Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YT On mobile & resolutions

As we all know, We can watch YT videos on our computers in whatever resolution we want, so 4k, 1440p etc even if our display is only 1080.

 

How come we cant do this on mobile?

 

It would be nice to get a better image when watching on mobile the same as we can on PC.

 

What gives YT eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nagasaki said:

As we all know, We can watch YT videos on our computers in whatever resolution we want, so 4k, 1440p etc even if our display is only 1080.

 

How come we cant do this on mobile?

 

It would be nice to get a better image when watching on mobile the same as we can on PC.

 

What gives YT eh?

you can do that im pretty sure. My 480p tablet lets me do 1080 60. Maybe YT stops at 1080 60

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

 

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:                                                                /\

(was a H1 build, but I cant spend 400$ on a case)                |

DREAM BUILD BIT BY BIT                        |

  • Ryzen 5 5600x                                                                         |
  • ROG Strix B550-f GAMING                                                 |
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200mhz cl6   |
  • Old drives from Grandma -------------------------------------/
  • New Crucial P1 and Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
  • Whichever 3070 I can get
  • Meshify C with tempered glass
  • 6 Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo
  • Full custom loop water cooling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HelpfulTechWizard/saved/s8XrD3

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nagasaki said:

It would be nice to get a better image when watching on mobile the same as we can on PC.

 

well it's not actually a better image, you're still limited on pixels. I would guess that the app is able to detect your phone model and won't bother letting you stream higher res video cause it wouldn't show more pixels, and streaming 4K YouTube on a 1080p monitor is equally useless but the resolution of your display is probably not something that YT wants to bother acquiring to change visible settings.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would almost assume they don't do it because they want to avoid people to use too much data and because they figure most people won't need the extra quality.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

streaming 4K YouTube on a 1080p monitor is equally useless

It's not useless, as 4K YouTube video have more bitrate than 1080p and having the extra pixels means the video is downscaled, which results in a higher quality.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

well it's not actually a better image, you're still limited on pixels. I would guess that the app is able to detect your phone model and won't bother letting you stream higher res video cause it wouldn't show more pixels, and streaming 4K YouTube on a 1080p monitor is equally useless but the resolution of your display is probably not something that YT wants to bother acquiring to change visible settings.

4k or 1440p video has a better bit rate and also will get downscale to your phones screen res and makes for a better image, same on pc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nagasaki said:

As we all know, We can watch YT videos on our computers in whatever resolution we want, so 4k, 1440p etc even if our display is only 1080.

 

How come we cant do this on mobile?

 

It would be nice to get a better image when watching on mobile the same as we can on PC.

 

What gives YT eh?

This App will save you the headache of thinking about it.
https://vancedapp.com/
Allows for Higher than Native on Mobile devices.

Scroll down ^ for Features.

 

I always Upscale for YT, 1080p 60 into 2160p 60, I have a 1440p Phone so I don't bother with YTVanced myself, 1440p60 is crisp enough personally on my Note9.
https://elfsight.com/blog/2017/06/requirements-uploading-video-youtube/

 

Screenshot 2020-10-27 091017.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

This App will save you the headache of thinking about it.
https://vancedapp.com/
Allows for Higher than Native on Mobile devices.

Scroll down ^ for Features.

 

yeah youtube vanced is a must for android users.

Budget build
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Vega 11
Ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz dual channel
MB: Gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2
SSD: Crucial 240GB
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect thanks. I'm using a s20 fe so stuck at 1080p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×