Gaming PC build (~3000$ CAD)

Okrap

Budget (including currency): around 3000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming (World of Warcraft, Overwatch and upcoming games like Cyberpunk 2077) and Photoshop.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($414.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($214.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($174.05 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($118.82 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($219.88 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TUF GAMING Video Card (lol) :(
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($134.18 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($154.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($162.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Monitor: Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor  ($498.79 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2093.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-26 17:52 EDT-0400

21 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

Go for a better motherboard from the X series of you desire to overclock that 3700x also faster ram 3600mhz should work fine rest looks pretty good

lol, you can oc on a b series with amd.

15 minutes ago, Okrap said:

I would go for a Strix b550-f Gaming. That memory is fine, though if you are ok with non icue ram, I would get some 3600mhz cl16.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

lol, you can oc on a b series with amd.

I would go for a Strix b550-f Gaming. That memory is fine, though if you are ok with non icue ram, I would get some 3600mhz cl16.

But the X series is much more reliable tbh and you can push to higher clockspeeds

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

18 minutes ago, Okrap said:

Idk bout this motherboard maybe try some asus tuf X570 and go for CL16 ram

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Just now, killer5247 said:

But the X series is much more reliable tbh and you can push to higher clockspeeds

this comes into effect when you go to the 105w cpus, where oced thay can pull over 150w, but on the 65w ones, you dont see much improvement.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

really depends on the VRMs, the Tomahawk can even push a decent overclock on a 3900X so it's pretty capable of maxing out an 8 core CPU. However a B550 or X570 board would be preferable for faster ram speeds due to better trace quality.

@Okrap try this. Similarly fast and cheaper SSD, newer motherboard for some improved ram speed support, and some extra spending on the PSU. Yes, 850 watts is technically more than you need, but these 30 series cards are particularly brutal on the PSU and there is a list of "known good" PSUs for the new cards, better safe than sorry.

I also highly recommend a Ryzen 5 5600X when it comes out, instead of this Ryzen 7. Better single threaded speeds for gaming performance and Photoshop.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

43 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

try this. Similarly fast and cheaper SSD, newer motherboard for some improved ram speed support, and some extra spending on the PSU. Yes, 850 watts is technically more than you need, but these 30 series cards are particularly brutal on the PSU and there is a list of "known good" PSUs for the new cards, better safe than sorry.

I also highly recommend a Ryzen 5 5600X when it comes out, instead of this Ryzen 7. Better single threaded speeds for gaming performance and Photoshop.

The CPU is cheaper but better? And do you think I'll have a hard time getting it on release date?

Thanks for the feedback

54 minutes ago, Okrap said:

The CPU is cheaper but better?

only a little cheaper, but yes it is meant to be improved for gaming by quite a lot. we will see when the reviews are released.

54 minutes ago, Okrap said:

And do you think I'll have a hard time getting it on release date?

yes, but after a couple weeks it will hopefully be a little more available. Although, if the 3700X will suit your needs, it will likely become a little cheaper after the new Ryzen processors come out, so worth considering when the time comes.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

48 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

only a little cheaper, but yes it is meant to be improved for gaming by quite a lot. we will see when the reviews are released.

yes, but after a couple weeks it will hopefully be a little more available. Although, if the 3700X will suit your needs, it will likely become a little cheaper after the new Ryzen processors come out, so worth considering when the time comes.

Cool, thank you very much!