MacBook Pro 15 / 2018 Battery Swollen

I had used my macbook primarily in as a desktop since I dont travel alot...Built a new desktop and went to sell macbook when I noticed the lid wouldnt close...Check out the battery inside.

Apple claims there's no known recalls/issues with this year of macbook.

photo_2020-10-26_10-59-36.thumb.jpg.364789783c1432b6c40d7b37e6e8e6cc.jpg

I had to replace one of those myself due to the swell. Good news is the parts are readily available. Bad news is the battery bursts easily when trying to remove it.

Soft tools only! A string to run underneath to cut the adhesive and pull very gently is idea.

Alternatively, consult a third party repair shop to see what they quote you. Ask if the quote price is different if you supply your own battery replacement part.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Afaik lithium batteries dont like to stay 100% charged or 0% empty.
In certain situations the chemicals inside the battery will react and create a gas, that gas is also flammable and poisonous.
So if you're not sure about DIY, let someone else do it. Otherwise make sure you are well ventilated just in case.

Ive found this only happens when they try and put to much power into a battery. Or charge to fast.

Or leaving the battery completely full for longer times or empty.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

This was full nearly 100% of the time as it was mainly a desktop...so probably the issue

4 minutes ago, TraderJoe said:

This was full nearly 100% of the time as it was mainly a desktop...so probably the issue

Ah yes, that could surely be it. Altho for such an expensive piece of hardware it should not happen really.
They either cheaped out on the battery(quality) or put to much mAh into it.

Also the main reason ive removed the battery from my notebook (not slim one so it had removable battery) and jsut use it from the wallpower.Even now 5 years later Battery still at about 80% of total capacity. Im not sure why i put this in here. But maybe to show theres options. :D

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!