Corsair or any other .....

Go to solution Solved by For Science!,
Just now, Abdullah Bhutta said:

so what would you recommend with about 40 dBa noise level

You're going to have to work out what rpm you can run at to get to 40 dBA noise level, and then you will know for your case, your fans, your seating distance, whether you are in the high flow or low flow category. If you can't be bothered to work it out, EKWB XE is a pretty good middle ground so I would go for that.

Hi guys,

i was thinking of buying the 1000 D case and 480mm rad with it 

Is corsair good company to buy from or should i look for alternatives like alphacool???.

also want to know which company has more reputation and which of them is best at 480mm rad.????

Corsair is a great company to buy computer components from. Never had any issues with RAM and I swear by their RAM. 

10 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Is corsair good Aio company to buy from or should i look for alternatives like alphacool???.

I don't have any experience with their AIOs as I have a bad feeling with AIOs (leaks/failures...liquids and electronics don't mix) but I hardly see any issues with their AIOs from the forum here unless its a old unit where its outside of its warranty period (pump failure/ high temperatures usually). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Corsair is a great company to buy computer components from. Never had any issues with RAM and I swear by their RAM. 

I don't have any experience with their AIOs as I have a bad feeling with AIOs (leaks/failures...liquids and electronics don't mix) but I hardly see any issues with their AIOs from the forum here unless its a old unit where its outside of its warranty period (pump failure/ high temperatures usually). 

so in your opinion which is a good company to buy 480mm rad from?

Corsair?   https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Radiators/hydro-x-xr7-config/p/CX-9030006-WW

Alphacool?  https://www.alphacool.com/shop/radiatoren/radiatoren-aktiv/12347/alphacool-nexxxos-ut60-full-copper-480mm-radiator

2 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Do you understand that these are custom cooling radiators and not for AIOs? as the name suggest, AIOs have everything included (all-in-one) so have no scope for customizing the radiator.

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Do you understand that these are custom cooling radiators and not for AIOs? as the name suggest, AIOs have everything included (all-in-one) so have no scope for customizing the radiator.

Sorry, if i confused you guys. i am looking for custom cooling and comparing the two companies rad and asking you guys for opinion

1 minute ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Sorry, if i confused you guys. i am looking for custom cooling and comparing the two companies rad and asking you guys for opinion

They are both good brands, Alphacool is slightly better at low RPM fans, whereas Corsair should be better at high rpm. But if you are considering Corsair, you should look at Hardwarelabs too since they actually produce Corsairs radiators.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

They are both good brands, Alphacool is slightly better at low RPM fans, whereas Corsair should be better at high rpm. But if you are considering Corsair, you should look at Hardwarelabs too since they actually produce Corsairs radiators.

So you mean that Hardwarelabs is better than Corsair?

So you mean that Hardwarelabs is better than Corsair?

They produce them, so there is a wider variety. The HWLabs "L-series" are the same as the Corsair's, but you can consider the GTX/GTR/SR-2 series that are higher performers. There are also the GTS series if you are looking for thinner radiators

They produce them, so there is a wider variety. The HWLabs "L-series" are the same as the Corsair's, but you can consider the GTX/GTR/SR-2 series that are higher performers. There are also the GTS series if you are looking for thinner radiators

so what should i buy?

i am looking for 480m rad best of the best performance. with push-pull fan configuration.

in your opinion which 480mm is the best in terms of performance.

(not looking for thickness, fins or anything else just need high performance)

1 minute ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

so what should i buy?

i am looking for 480m rad best of the best performance. with push-pull fan configuration.

in your opinion which 480mm is the best in terms of performance.

(not looking for thickness, fins or anything else just need high performance)

High airflow or not? If Yes --> HWLabs GTR or EKWB XE, If Not --> Alphacool

High airflow or not? If Yes --> HWLabs GTR or EKWB XE, If Not --> Alphacool

what do you mean by high air flow.

the case? or the RPM of the fans?

what do you mean by high air flow.

the case? or the RPM of the fans?

yes, your intended amount of air you will be pushing

For a standard radiator optimized fan, <1000 rpm I would consider to be low rpm.

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

yes, your intended amount of air you will be pushing

For a standard radiator optimized fan, <1000 rpm I would consider to be low rpm.

if i would run alphacool rads with higher RPM would i get better result than the HWLabs GTR or EKWB XE

5 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

if i would run alphacool rads with higher RPM would i get better result than the HWLabs GTR or EKWB XE

No, this is a trade-off you must work out prior

Low FPI radiator = better performance at low airflow

High FPI radiator = better performance at high airflow.

Just now, For Science! said:

No, this is a trade-off you must work out prior

Low FPI radiator = better performance at low airflow

High FPI radiator = better performance at high airflow.

You're going to have to work out what rpm you can run at to get to 40 dBA noise level, and then you will know for your case, your fans, your seating distance, whether you are in the high flow or low flow category. If you can't be bothered to work it out, EKWB XE is a pretty good middle ground so I would go for that.