Nvidia 3000 series blower style cards?

HenrikTJ

Do you think there will ever come a blower style 3000 series card?

I have a hard time imagining that a 3090 blower is feasible (that said, never seen a triple slot blower, might look hilarious.) The 3080 might be feasible, but damn those cards suck down a lot of power, we will have to see if board partners think anything more than the 3070 is worth designing a blower for 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Yes, just not for the mainstream market. Look for used ones from DELL & Co. Also workstation cards are usually blow style.

7 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Ohhh god no and thanks for that...they consume way too much power they would be aweful.

Maybe down in the rtx 3050/60 range...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Ohhh god no and thanks for that...they consume way too much power they would be aweful.

Maybe down in the rtx 3050/60 range...

I had 2 HD 2900 in Crossfire with a fairly open case. That was 2.5 years of terror I don't want to repeat.

May i be so bold as to ask why prefer a blower style?

Isn't it better to just improve airflow in the case instead of depending on the blower?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

5 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I had 2 HD 2900 in Crossfire with a fairly open case. That was 2.5 years of terror I don't want to repeat.

wow. thosw were like 200w gpus, nearly 450w for gpus, if you had decent enoogh thermals. that would have needed a lot of psu for the time.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

(that said, never seen a triple slot blower, might look hilarious.)

Now I really want to see one. Thank you for the wonderful image in my mind.

Blowers seem to be (barely) ok to 250W or so, so I'd guess it is not impossible for 3070 or lower cards to be made in that style.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible