Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nvidia 3000 series blower style cards?

Do you think there will ever come a blower style 3000 series card?

I have a hard time imagining that a 3090 blower is feasible (that said, never seen a triple slot blower, might look hilarious.) The 3080 might be feasible, but damn those cards suck down a lot of power, we will have to see if board partners think anything more than the 3070 is worth designing a blower for 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Yes, just not for the mainstream market. Look for used ones from DELL & Co. Also workstation cards are usually blow style.

7 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Ohhh god no and thanks for that...they consume way too much power they would be aweful.

Maybe down in the rtx 3050/60 range...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 2ghz OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Rift S

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:                                                                /\

(was a H1 build, but I cant spend 400$ on a case)                |

DREAM BUILD BIT BY BIT                        |

• Ryzen 5 5600x                                                                         |
  • ROG Strix B550-f GAMING                                                 |
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200mhz cl6   |
  • Old drives from Grandma -------------------------------------/
  • New Crucial P1 and Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
  • Whichever 3070 I can get
  • Meshify C with tempered glass
  • 6 Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo
  • Full custom loop water cooling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HelpfulTechWizard/saved/s8XrD3

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Ohhh god no and thanks for that...they consume way too much power they would be aweful.

Maybe down in the rtx 3050/60 range...

I had 2 HD 2900 in Crossfire with a fairly open case. That was 2.5 years of terror I don't want to repeat.

May i be so bold as to ask why prefer a blower style?

Isn't it better to just improve airflow in the case instead of depending on the blower?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

5 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I had 2 HD 2900 in Crossfire with a fairly open case. That was 2.5 years of terror I don't want to repeat.

wow. thosw were like 200w gpus, nearly 450w for gpus, if you had decent enoogh thermals. that would have needed a lot of psu for the time.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:                                                                /\

(was a H1 build, but I cant spend 400$ on a case)                |

DREAM BUILD BIT BY BIT                        |

• Ryzen 5 5600x                                                                         |
  • ROG Strix B550-f GAMING                                                 |
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200mhz cl6   |
  • Old drives from Grandma -------------------------------------/
  • New Crucial P1 and Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB
  • Whichever 3070 I can get
  • Meshify C with tempered glass
  • 6 Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo
  • Full custom loop water cooling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/HelpfulTechWizard/saved/s8XrD3

18 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

(that said, never seen a triple slot blower, might look hilarious.)

Now I really want to see one. Thank you for the wonderful image in my mind.

Blowers seem to be (barely) ok to 250W or so, so I'd guess it is not impossible for 3070 or lower cards to be made in that style.

Desktop Gaming system: Asrock Z370 Pro4, i7-8086k stock, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 4x16GB, Asus Strix 1080Ti, NZXT E850 PSU, Cooler Master MasterBox 5, Optane 900p 280GB, Crucial MX200 1TB, Sandisk 960GB, Acer Predator XB241YU 1440p 144Hz G-sync

TV Gaming system: Asus X299 TUF mark 2, 7920X @ 8c8t, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance LPX RGB 3000 8x8GB, EVGA 2080Ti Black, Corsair HX1000i, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, LG OLED55B9PLA

Former Main system: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700k stock, Noctua D14, G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 2x8GB, Gigabyte GTX 1650, Corsair HX750i, In Win 303 NVIDIA, Samsung SM951 512GB, WD Blue 1TB, HP LP2475W 1200p wide gamut

Gaming laptop: Asus FX503VD, i5-7300HQ, 2x8GB DDR4, GTX 1050, Sandisk 256GB + 480GB SSD