£1100 1080p Gaming Setup

_lucalink

Budget (including currency): £1100

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Gaming, Occasional Photoshop, School Work

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am planning on building a £1100 Gaming Setup for 1080p gaming at max settings. My criteria is that it must play games at the settings mentioned above, it must look decent/have a roughly matching aesthetic and parts must come from Amazon. The PC Part Picker list I have come up below is the best I could do but if you think there would be a better set of parts please tell me as it would be a great help. The parts on the list that I have manually entered prices for are for the following reasons: the keyboard will either be a second hand keyboard like a Corsair k70 lux with cherry MX reds or a drevo calibur V2 with outemu reds, the mouse is from Amazon warehouse returns, the GPU is an open box item and the the other manual price items were not showing the correct price. Here is the list I was able to come up with:

looks pretty good, i'd try to get the r5 3600 instead, maybe get a slightly cheaper mobo, like the asrock pro 4.

you can also get the corsair txm550W for £5 cheaper

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

looks pretty good, i'd try to get the r5 3600 instead, maybe get a slightly cheaper mobo, like the asrock pro 4.

you can also get the corsair txm550W for £5 cheaper

I was going to get that PSU but it is temporarily out of stock which normally takes I long time to get back when they don't list a restock date. I would like to get a 3600 but can't think of anything else I can change to save the £50 extra I need to get it.

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You can go a bit cheaper on the motherboard and get a faster CPU, also save a little money on the PSU if you want

The 3300X is temporarily out of stock which always takes a long time to get back in stock. The System power 9 PSU is listed much lower on the PSU tier list. 

4 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

The 3300X is temporarily out of stock which always takes a long time to get back in stock

Might as well go for the 3100 then, still faster for gaming

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ndwkcf/amd-ryzen-3-3100-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-100-100000284box

Although the amazon link does say it was updated 8 minutes ago with one in stock for the 3300X

4 minutes ago, _lucalink said:

The System power 9 PSU is listed much lower on the PSU tier list. 

Adequate for a budget gaming PC, though the original PSU does seem to be a pretty good value 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Might as well go for the 3100 then, still faster for gaming

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ndwkcf/amd-ryzen-3-3100-36-ghz-quad-core-processor-100-100000284box

Although the amazon link does say it was updated 8 minutes ago with one in stock for the 3300X

Adequate for a budget gaming PC, though the original PSU does seem to be a pretty good value 

3300x is saying out of stock for me. Is the 2600x better than the 3100 and if so, is it worth the extra £44 that it costs, the x version  is only £8 more than the standard 2600. I think I will go for the original PSU as it is semi modular which will make a big difference for cable management. 

1 minute ago, _lucalink said:

3300x is saying out of stock for me. Is the 2600x better than the 3100 as it is only £8 more than the standard 2600

No, second gen Ryzen is slower than third gen for gaming. 2600X offers the same performance as the 2600.

Primary PC:

50 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

No, second gen Ryzen is slower than third gen for gaming. 2600X offers the same performance as the 2600.

I will get the 3100 then.