Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do I need facebook for oculus rift s?

Basically I managed to fix a broken rift s a while ago and the dude I fixed it for just vanished from the face of the earth and the time of agreement when a product is found abandoned and property by me according to the service agreement has now passed. So I now have a rift s for free. However I do not wish to have facebook and will probably buy another headset in the future but it would be pretty neat to be able to use this one for now. I have a oculus account and have used a original rift till a month or so ago but I'm unsure if by using the rift s now I'll have to connect my oculus account to my facebook account. I do not wish to do this and the messages online about this are mixed.

So do I have to connect facebook to the oculus account when using a old rift s I've never used on my oculus account?

Hiya,

I own a rift S. If you have an existing Oculus account you should be able to sign in with it without connecting facebook.

HOWEVER. You will not be able to use multiplayer at all until you connect your facebook account.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

LinusWare Dev | NotCPUCores Dev

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

Hiya,

I own a rift S. If you have an existing Oculus account you should be able to sign in with it without connecting facebook.

HOWEVER. You will not be able to use multiplayer at all until you connect your facebook account.

Oh ok that is totally fine I do not use any oculus stuff anyways. All my stuff is on steam and it's basically just beatsaber anyways.