Laptop's GPU stop working after overlocking; Blue Screen Crash happens when using the GPU.

LAPTOP SPECS

Model: Lenovo Z51

CPU: I7 5th gen

GPU: AMD r9 m375

RAM: 8gb

Overclocking app: MSI afterburner

So I overclock my GPU from  900mhz to 1000mhz (dont have knowledge on safe clock speed) coz i really need fps on games but i know it has risk but fck it. And then after few days I open my laptop and it crashes having a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (thread driver error). I was wondering if it can be fix? 

Currently using UMA GRAPHICS, because everytime I booted my laptop with GPU running, my laptop freezes and causes to boot again. Thank you for your answers!

Did you configure Afterburner where is overclocks the GPU on startup?

Cause if so it might overclock your gpu right when you turn on the PC so my recommendation is to uninstall afterburner and make sure that you don't save the overclocking profiles. If the problem still persists try doing a GPU driver reinstall. (remove your old gpu drivers and reinstall the latest gpu drivers)

The mobile gpu couldn't support overclocking, so don't try to overclock it, is not a good idea, at most you will get 3-4 fps so doesn't worth it

Just now, ER1CA said:

Did you configure Afterburner where is overclocks the GPU on startup?

Cause if so it might overclock your gpu right when you turn on the PC so my recommendation is to uninstall afterburner and make sure that you don't save the overclocking profiles. If the problem still persists try doing a GPU driver reinstall. (remove your old gpu drivers and reinstall the latest gpu drivers)

I already uninstalled the msi ab (before that I set to default before uninstalling) and the gpu driver, that's why im having problem on installing again the driver when the GPU is running. My laptop freezes on boot start.

1 minute ago, No_Trash said:

The mobile gpu couldn't support overclocking, so don't try to overclock it, is not a good idea, at most you will get 3-4 fps so doesn't worth it

But I already did it and messed it up :,( 

. I was wondering if i can revive my GPU. Can it be done?

4 minutes ago, Crypto0678 said:

I already uninstalled the msi ab (before that I set to default before uninstalling) and the gpu driver, that's why im having problem on installing again the driver when the GPU is running. My laptop freezes on boot start.

MSI afterburner is limited by the bios of the GPU so it may not be damaged. Assuming there is no hardware damage it may be a GPU bios issue. You can try to update the GPU bios but that process is risky if you don't know what you're doing.

BTW: I may be wrong but it's just a gut feeling.

Edit: The GPU was not meant to be OCed so that may also be a contributing factor but I personally have never faced this issue on a laptop before.

1 minute ago, ER1CA said:

MSI afterburner is limited by the bios of the GPU so it may not be damaged. Assuming there is no hardware damage it may be a GPU bios issue. You can try to update the GPU bios but that process is risky if you don't know what you're doing.

BTW: I may be wrong but it's just a gut feeling.

How can i update GPU BIOS? I cant open my laptop with the GPU running it causes my laptop to freeze and boot again and freeze and boot again thats why im using UMA graphics to open my laptop properly.

My GPU cant run on overclock or high perfomance but i think it can run on underclock or power saver. 

1 minute ago, Crypto0678 said:

How can i update GPU BIOS? I cant open my laptop with the GPU running it causes my laptop to freeze and boot again and freeze and boot again thats why im using UMA graphics to open my laptop properly.

My GPU cant run on overclock or high perfomance but i think it can run on underclock or power saver. 

Maybe your laptop has a feature in the bios where it lets you disable the AMD gpu. This should let you into windows and update the gpu bios.

Keep in mind all laptop bioses are different so just check your bios and see if you can disable the AMD gpu

23 minutes ago, Crypto0678 said:

You cant update your vbios on a laptop. Some external MXM GPUs were able to do that (but then again, they are full fledged cards using a different connector). I would suggest you to uninstall AMD drivers (with DDU), MSI afterburner and install latest WHQL driver afterwards. I overclocked my laptops GPU 300mhz and used it for ages (AMD GCN GPU), your issue sounds like driver / windows issue. Another thing I should mention, when overclocking a laptop most of the issues either come from thermals or due to power limits of the power brick.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18