If i lower my virtual memory programs will start closing on there own when having a game opened

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
51 minutes ago, bignastyasian said:
Mobo: MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC
CPU: i7-9700k
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX
3200MHZ

Wont use my physical memory but instead uses the virtual memory. Despite having 16gb of ram my commited ram will hit 21gb but i still have 6gb of phsyical ram left that it wont use. If i lower the virtual memory programs will close when having a game open.

Stop assuming you know better than Windows about how to micro manage your computer. Set virtual memory to system managed and leave it alone, Windows will handle it itself.

3200MHZ

Wont use my physical memory but instead uses the virtual memory. Despite having 16gb of ram my commited ram will hit 21gb but i still have 6gb of phsyical ram left that it wont use. If i lower the virtual memory programs will close when having a game open.

Capture.PNG

9d77d407b2f2d61e31f663a5c37cd3f1.png

The memory is fragmented... For example those 6 GB are not one whole continuous empty space... could be 6 GB of empty spaces in a whole 10 GB area, with small fragments of data spread around the whole 10 GB area.  There may be only 200-500 MB of continuous free space. 

So if a game or application tells the operating system "I want 1 GB of empty ram, give it to me"... the operating system would have to move some data to page file to make a continuous 1 GB of ram and give that game/application that 1 GB of memory.  As you disabled that page file, the operating system may have to close applications to make room. 

51 minutes ago, bignastyasian said:
3200MHZ

Stop assuming you know better than Windows about how to micro manage your computer. Set virtual memory to system managed and leave it alone, Windows will handle it itself.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I would keep it in auto as some programs throw errors or crash altogether. I once manually set my virtual memory for a specific task and I forgot to turn it back to auto. When I tried to play Sekiro several months later the game would freeze and crash during loading screens. It took me couple of days to figure out it was the manually set virtual memory that was causing it.