Buzzing coming from PC case, not fans?

platysaur

I'm not sure why, but recently my 1 year old custom PC started buzzing. It just happens randomly, and it's been around 3-4 times in the past 2 weeks. The first time it happened, I unplugged my case fans and turned on the PC and it still happened. I can say that my case has very good cable management so the cables aren't hitting the fans or anything.

If I nudge my PC case slightly, it'll go away completely. I really can't isolate the issue. Is this concerning? I haven't noticed any performance hits or anything. Or could it just be vibration?

I'm pretty sure it's just vibration from one or more fans. Make sure the fan screws are tight. Nothing to worry about but better to fix it sooner than later or it may get worse.

EDIT: If you cant get the vibration away and it annoys you, can try to get rubber mounts for the fans.

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I'm pretty sure it's just vibration from one or more fans. Make sure the fan screws are tight. Nothing to worry about but better to fix it sooner than later or it may get worse.

EDIT: If you cant get the vibration away and it annoys you, can try to get rubber mounts for the fans.

Hmm, well I did unplug my case fans and the sound continued, but I didn't touch my radiator fans. Could be those, I suppose?

6 minutes ago, platysaur said:

Hmm, well I did unplug my case fans and the sound continued, but I didn't touch my radiator fans. Could be those, I suppose?

Possibly.

My previous PC had old fans that vibrated badly. So I got these and I put them in my new PC because why not.

https://noctua.at/en/products/accessories/na-sav3 

17 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Possibly.

My previous PC had old fans that vibrated badly. So I got these and I put them in my new PC because why not.

https://noctua.at/en/products/accessories/na-sav3 

I actually heard the sound slightly again, so I turned off my GPU fans. Apparently, that made it go away, although it was might quieter. I only set a fan curve for the fans recently, but they were usually on 0 RPM until it hit around 60 degrees. Now I have them on all the time, albeit at low power. It might be them :/

5 minutes ago, platysaur said:

I actually heard the sound slightly again, so I turned off my GPU fans. Apparently, that made it go away, although it was might quieter. I only set a fan curve for the fans recently, but they were usually on 0 RPM until it hit around 60 degrees. Now I have them on all the time, albeit at low power. It might be them :/

Possible, yes. I ordered replacement fans for my 7850 back in the day. One of the fans got so bad it struck the cooler assembly or something at 4000 rpm and exploded. 😒 I got new fans from Ebay and they worked good as new.