Is it working upgrading from 1k ultrawide -> 2k ultrawide?

wetblowdryer
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

You want to go from a 34" 1080p display to a 34" 1440p display, right?

If so, then I support your decision.

I had a 27" 1080p display, which has roughly the same pixel density as a 34" 1080p ultrawide.

I now own a 34" 1440p ultrawide. One of the reasons I upgraded was the pixel density and I've not been disappointed.

I currently have an LG Ultrawide, non HDR, 1080p, 144hz monitor. I sometimes feel the pixel density is a little bit to be desired and I would like HDR. Also, the pixel response times are kind of meh. I was looking at this monitor and I'm just wondering if the pixel density jump would be worth it. My current monitor is the same size, at 34 inches. I also work from home on the same monitor I game on, so I feel more justified spending a lot on a monitor. Please let me know of your experience if you can. Thanks!

You want to go from a 34" 1080p display to a 34" 1440p display, right?

If so, then I support your decision.

I had a 27" 1080p display, which has roughly the same pixel density as a 34" 1080p ultrawide.

I now own a 34" 1440p ultrawide. One of the reasons I upgraded was the pixel density and I've not been disappointed.

Disclaimer, I didn't go from a 1080p ultrawide to a 1440p ultra wide, I went from a 27" 1080p to a 1440p ultrawide. 

For me it was worth it, both going to an ultrawide and going 1440p. I also game and work from home on the same monitor and the extra pixel density is appreciated. 

By the way there's no such thing as 1k or 2k, there is 1080p, 1440p, and "4k", which shouldn't really be called 4k but it was created by marketers since it's easier to market a 4k monitor than a 2160p monitor.

7 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Disclaimer, I didn't go from a 1080p ultrawide to a 1440p ultra wide, I went from a 27" 1080p to a 1440p ultrawide. 

For me it was worth it, both going to an ultrawide and going 1440p. I also game and work from home on the same monitor and the extra pixel density is appreciated. 

By the way there's no such thing as 1k or 2k, there is 1080p, 1440p, and "4k", which shouldn't really be called 4k but it was created by marketers since it's easier to market a 4k monitor than a 2160p monitor.

4K, 1080p and 1440p is technically also wrong if you use it to describe a specific monitor resolution and aspect ratio.

For that you should use FHD, WFHD, QHD, WQHD and UHD, aswell as a few more. But yeah, that doesn't fix the marketing issue of "big number = better", which is the only language customers understand, which is why customer protection is bullsh*t and instead we should let these sheep bleed and... Oh wait, I'm starting a rant again... 😶

Got it BTW and IT'S AWESOME. Pixel density is great. It's really bright and I have it at a brightness of 35 and still kind of hurts my eyes. I had my old one at 100%. My only complaint that it's advertised as running at 160 hz, but if you go over 144 hz, you can't run it in 10-bit color. I'd rather run in 10-bit color than get 16 extra FPS that I can't really detect. Also, I need to weak the settings as it looks really red-biased.