Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm looking to get a new motherboard, I currently have a 3600 and a asrock b450m r4.0 and it is not my favorite motherboard. I'm looking to only spend around $100 if possible. Any suggestions for ones that have good power delivery or are a good overall would be appreciated. Please dont say that my motherboard is fine for this cpu because I know it is, but sometime down the line im looking to get a second hand ryzen 3000 series processor, and this motherboard is only a 4 pin cpu power. B450/B550. Not really looking to downgrade to a 300 series motherboard

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rlmva said:

I'm looking to get a new motherboard, I currently have a 3600 and a asrock b450m r4.0 and it is not my favorite motherboard. I'm looking to only spend around $100 if possible. Any suggestions for ones that have good power delivery or are a good overall would be appreciated. Please dont say that my motherboard is fine for this cpu because I know it is, but sometime down the line im looking to get a second hand ryzen 3000 series processor, and this motherboard is only a 4 pin cpu power. B450/B550. Not really looking to downgrade to a 300 series motherboard

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Performance-Graphics-Motherboard-X470GPLMAX/dp/B07Y468HV3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=x470%2Bmotherboard&qid=1603643839&sr=8-1&th=1

 

I was looking at this motherboard and was wondering if it was worth it or is any good

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to assume that your currency is 100 USD and that's not converted since your profile says USA. 

And since availability is kind of meh, and barely any boards are listed on pcpp, to name some boards: 

The B450 a pro max (Not the mATX one.), the b450 pro4 (mATX or the ATX one or the pro4-f) or the B450 mortar max or the B450m Pro Vdh max, are quite decent boards around 100ish dollars, the B550m pro vdh is also quite decent for a little over 100 dollars. 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Haro said:

I'm going to assume that your currency is 100 USD and that's not converted since your profile says USA. 

And since availability is kind of meh, and barely any boards are listed on pcpp, to name some boards: 

The B450 a pro max (Not the mATX one.), the b450 pro4 (mATX or the ATX one or the pro4-f) or the B450 mortar max or the B450m Pro Vdh max, are quite decent boards around 100ish dollars, the B550m pro vdh is also quite decent for a little over 100 dollars. 

Would you say that the tomahawk max is a good motherboard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rlmva said:

tomahawk max

It's a decent board, there are boards that are cheaper and do basically the same thing like the b450 a pro, but the tomahawk max is decent of you can't go for something like the a pro. 

12 minutes ago, Random_Person1234 said:

You could get this B550 for around $100.

The b550m pro vdh is simply a better board that costs about the same. 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Haro said:

The b550m pro vdh is simply a better board that costs about the same. 

They're both pretty similar, although the Pro4 has a USB 3.2 Gen 2 port and a USB C port, while the pro vdh does not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Random_Person1234 said:

They're both pretty similar,

The b550m pro vdh has a 4 phase with 8 4C029N and 8 4C024N while the b550m pro 4 has a 6 phase using SM4336 and SM4337 doubled iirc, the b550m pro vdh is better, unless someone is limited to the pro 4, the pro vdh is better. 

Wārudobītā

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100. Board: B550m TUF plus. Memory: 16 (2x8) 3200 cl16 Hyper x Fury RGB. GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 1650 super.  Boot Drive: MX500. Case: Antec NX500 (Quite crappy. :p) PSU: CX450. 

 

Hehe, Meshify c is a kewl case. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×