Is this PC case design plausible for air cooling?

hi i made a concept case. i want to enter modding if and when i am blessed and figured CAD is what i got so CAD is what i am going to use for now.....

This is my first case concept, requirements of the build; 1. must maintain Form of the theme 2. without FUNCTION restriction.

question: is (1) one 120mm fan or  (1) one 140mm fan enough to cool the new RTX 3080 and what RPM? has anyone tried it? 

**any design feedback please?

3 minutes ago, johnpaulample said:

any design feedback please?

Personally

if it fits (physically) in the room

the theme is consistent

future upgradeability

(Maybe sound)

is what makes a good case.

Ok so I see some problems.

The dual fans are just stuck to a piece of acrylic so those things have no air intake and will do exactly nothing but create a little heat from their motors so those can be removed as they are pointless.

The second issue I see is that you wanted to do a airflow through the bottom design and exit the top but then changed your mind somewhere along the way and made it side venting. This blocks a lot of airflow from the bottom and whilst it would give the cpu some fresh air it would cause air pressure issues for the gpu up top as there is now 1 intake fan and 2 fans taking air out + the psu.

The other issues I see is that the gpu has to pull air from some teeny tiny holes that are in the metal plate where it mounts. Make as many holes as possible in that metal plate. It would also be throwing some hot air onto the back of the psu and the back of the psu may be in the way of the gpu.

Now for a suggested fix. The bottom of the case put a big boi 200mm fan in there blowing up. Get the motherboard on some very very tall standoffs so the air from that fan can at least blow around a bit better when being obstructed. This should already help thermals a fair bit. Then to prevent the cpu from heating the case to a stupid degree use a 120mm aio (yes this is like one of the only times I'd recommend such a thing) and have it exhaust directly. The plate that separates the gpu and the other components make it filled with as many holes as possible.

Then to prevent any air pressure issues make some small slits between the acrylic and the metal it mounts to so that if there is air pressure issues it has some way to balance itself out. On top I would put a 140mm fan and have everything as it is now but instead of it blowing onto a solid piece of metal make that metal a fine mesh.

EDIT: I just noticed the dual 120 fans on the side have a dust cover. This changes a lot but still I would implement the changes I'd suggested. This does mean the noctua can totally stay BUT you really really really want to make sure that metal surface between the gpu and other components is almost nothing but holes as you are now running a massive positive pressure system. I'm not sure about the measurements up top of the case but you could maybe fit a 200mm fan in there (doesn't matter that it would be a little blocked off by the metal parts) for some nice looks.

its a 893mm tall boi with a width 515.39mm because of the legs protruding out... upgradeability?, if the NHD-15 can cool it and the 4 120mm fans intake does not restrict (i hope) it can be upgraded? maybe.... Lols am not sure. i cant run the simulations (due to lack of skill and knowledge).  

yeah.... my system takes alot of time (it cant render it😭).. that was intended to be white mesh for reflectivity hopefully with a good hole to body ratio.   

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ok so I see some problems.

(1) The dual fans are just stuck to a piece of acrylic so those things have no air intake and will do exactly nothing but create a little heat from their motors so those can be removed as they are pointless.

(2) The second issue I see is that you wanted to do a airflow through the bottom design and exit the top but then changed your mind somewhere along the way and made it side venting. This blocks a lot of airflow from the bottom and whilst it would give the cpu some fresh air it would cause air pressure issues for the gpu up top as there is now 1 intake fan and 2 fans taking air out + the psu.

(3) The other issues I see is that the gpu has to pull air from some teeny tiny holes that are in the metal plate where it mounts. Make as many holes as possible in that metal plate. It would also be throwing some hot air onto the back of the psu a

(4) Now for a suggested fix. The bottom of the case put a big boi 200mm fan in there blowing up. Get the motherboard on some very very tall standoffs so the air from that fan can at least blow around a bit better when being obstructed. This should already help thermals a fair bit. Then to prevent the cpu from heating the case to a stupid degree use a 120mm aio (yes this is like one of the only times I'd recommend such a thing) and have it exhaust directly. The plate that separates the gpu and the other components make it filled with as many holes as possible.

(5)Then to prevent any air pressure issues make some small slits between the acrylic and the metal it mounts to so that if there is air pressure issues it has some way to balance itself out. On top I would put a 140mm fan and have everything as it is now but instead of it blowing onto a solid piece of metal make that metal a fine mesh.

(6) EDIT: I just noticed the dual 120 fans on the side have a dust cover. This changes a lot but still I would implement the changes I'd suggested. This does mean the noctua can totally stay BUT you really really really want to make sure that metal surface between the gpu and other components is almost nothing but holes as you are now running a massive positive pressure system. I'm not sure about the measurements up top of the case but you could maybe fit a 200mm fan in there (doesn't matter that it would be a little blocked off by the metal parts) for some nice looks.

This is a lot to process sorry for late reply. the video does not show all. and you are amazingly right!🤩

1, I cant render the mesh lols 

2. on my first model yep! you got it! but the components PSU wouldn't allow a linear flow so diversified using the sides, but as i fear, it opened another problem which is (3)

3. the fan up top is an intake.. (1) one 120mm maybe pushing it to a 140mm static fan , i don't know if its enough to cool the 3080 though. 

***and the back of the psu may be in the way of the gpu. .. 

------ yeah you are right. using the DP cables will be a tough one in this design. still finding an extension for those that is integrated to the back of the chassis beside HDD slot in a vertical orientation.

4. my apologies the video does not indicate all functional things much... but 200mm down is an awesome idea.

5. yep! agree it has a max of 10mm gap as well. it allows for rotational motion gap as well as "positive pressure balancing feature?(if there is such a word🤔)"  

6. sadly the 200mm fan does not fit up top. i tried it but it will make a that big boi to a bigger boi! tried to minimize size because it is an inefficient structure or i am still limited to find a better way.. 200mm is the outer diameter of the acrylic cylinder so it would become bigger if 200mm fan is used.

still will reread this just incase i miss something. its just too much to process as of right now.. lols 

thank you. you have a great eye and wisdom. 

air outake.png

Air intake.png

bottom hole.png

holes.png

holes on the chassis top.png