Why are my apps running in 32 bit?

2 minutes ago, forecaster1310 said:

help

32 bit.png

Because you downloaded the 32-bit VS Installer? And I don't know about Zoom, but maybe there isn't a 64-bit version of it?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Because you installed the 32 bit versions or possibly installed both but then ran the 32 bit version.

If an app has multiple variants its up to you to choose which one you want to use. Sometimes the installer will install both for you, other times you have to choose the X86 or X64 installer when downloading.

Also in 99% of things you'll do on a daily basis it really doesn't matter.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

those are 32bit apps them selves so they will run in 32 bit mode

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

Because they are 32bit ? Chrome and WhatsApp are 64bit. Realistically, being 64bit doesn't necessarily mean it'll perform better. There is nothing wrong with 32bit apps. Developers usually evaluate whether 64bit adds any value or not.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Because you downloaded the 32-bit VS Installer? And I don't know about Zoom, but maybe there isn't a 64-bit version of it?

Why would you even want a 64 bit version of a chat app anyway?

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Why would you even want a 64 bit version of a chat app anyway?

Ask the OP, don't ask me. I don't care.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, forecaster1310 said:

can you give me a link to where I can install VS and adobe CC in 64 bit?

Visual Studio (on PC) doesn't have an X64 build and probably never will.

As for CC, can't help you there. You need to login to your Adobe account and download it from there.

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Visual Studio (on PC) doesn't have an X64 build and probably never will.

VSCode is available as a 64-bit executable, so if they ever decide to combine some of the codebase, there's a chance that Visual Studio will also get a 64-bit build. Can't say whether there's much of a benefit from it being 64-bit, though, since all the hard lifting is done by other components, some of which are already available as both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, like e.g. C++ compilers and such.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Because they are 32bit ? Chrome and WhatsApp are 64bit. Realistically, being 64bit doesn't necessarily mean it'll perform better. There is nothing wrong with 32bit apps. Developers usually evaluate whether 64bit adds any value or not.

In fact 64bit apps can actually perform worse. There are a lot of factors that go into that, from the system itself to the code.

10 hours ago, forecaster1310 said:

help

There really is no reason for everything to run in 64bit and it is still quite common for applications to come in only 32bit compiled code.

If it's working fine, I wouldn't really worry about it.

Visual studio Installer is nothing more than an installer, it really has no reason to run in 64bit.

Zoom is a electron client that provides a single web interface, it also has no reason to really run in 64bit. According to system requirements, this app only comes in 32bit.