I need a case less than 6.5 inches wide. Any suggestions?

PunDaddy

I have a air return right behind my desk. My last pc was a flex build, and for this one I want to be stealthy. So it will just look like a tv on a desk, but I can’t find a pc narrow enough that isn’t a GAMER RIG flex.  The goal is to set the pc on the air return shelf which is 6.5 inches wide. Help?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Whats the purpose of the PC? If you just want a media device then something like a NUC would be perfect, the new ones even come with a VESA mount so you can mount them straight to the back of a TV or Monitor.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, PunDaddy said:

I have a air return right behind my desk. My last pc was a flex build, and for this one I want to be stealthy. So it will just look like a tv on a desk, but I can’t find a pc narrow enough that isn’t a GAMER RIG flex. Help?

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Whats the purpose of the PC? If you just want a media device then something like a NUC would be perfect, the new ones even come with a VESA mount so you can mount them straight to the back of a TV or Monitor.

It will mostly be for gaming... at 4K. 😅

https://www.newegg.com/black-thermaltake-core-g-series-slim-mini-tower/p/N82E16811133314

This is the case I went with my htpc. It's roomy(as far as htpc cases go) inside and it can get plenty of air flow. 

If you don't like the looks of that or don't like thermaltake products. Look at any of the silverstone htpc cases. I would have went with one of those for my htpc build, but they were a little more expensive. I particularly liked the raven one. 

On 10/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, chimimoryo said:

https://www.newegg.com/black-thermaltake-core-g-series-slim-mini-tower/p/N82E16811133314

This is the case I went with my htpc. It's roomy(as far as htpc cases go) inside and it can get plenty of air flow. 

If you don't like the looks of that or don't like thermaltake products. Look at any of the silverstone htpc cases. I would have went with one of those for my htpc build, but they were a little more expensive. I particularly liked the raven one. 

I looked into this case, but I don’t think I will be able to get a strong enough power supply... I’m probably gunna go with this dirt cheap one from Rosewill it’s 6.69 inches wide which should work 
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811147320?item=N82E16811147320

What are you putting in the system? Silverstone makes an 800w sfx psu and they have announced a 1000w one. I don't know if it's available yet though 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a case the fits atx. ironically... its too tall, but that isnt a big deal as I can change placement.