Integrated graphics on i5 9600k wont display on 2nd monitor.

I have two monitors my main is connected to my gpu but i have a 2nd monitor and i would like to use the integrated graphics on my processor to display for my 2nd monitor i have already gone into my bios and activated the integrated graphics but my default display is set to my gpu as PEG but im pretty sure i should still be able to use the processor graphics while using my gpu at the same time. i have reset my pc several times my windows is up to date i would like to see how to make my 2nd monitor turn on i just dont know how. btw i did recently install a clean version of windows and wiped everything and i only installed a gpu driver since i have a intel system i have heard i dont need to manually install drivers or so i think  if anyone can give me some tips it would be much appreciated cheers!

18 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

I have two monitors my main is connected to my gpu but i have a 2nd monitor and i would like to use the integrated graphics on my processor to display for my 2nd monitor i have already gone into my bios and activated the integrated graphics but my default display is set to my gpu as PEG but im pretty sure i should still be able to use the processor graphics while using my gpu at the same time. i have reset my pc several times my windows is up to date i would like to see how to make my 2nd monitor turn on i just dont know how. btw i did recently install a clean version of windows and wiped everything and i only installed a gpu driver since i have a intel system i have heard i dont need to manually install drivers or so i think  if anyone can give me some tips it would be much appreciated cheers!

Is there a particular reason why you don't want to plug your second display into your GPU? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Can we get a photo of the bios settings you mentioned and the available options?

Mine still works just fine, even today

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

20 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I only have one hdmi port and I currently dont have a display or vga cable plus i want to see how my integrated graphics look specificaly and how they perform. 

31 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Can we get a photo of the bios settings you mentioned and the available options?

Mine still works just fine, even today

I have an MSI MPG z390 intel motherboard and the last bios date was around march of 2019 idk if that helps plus there is a photo of me activating the integrated graphics in my bios settings.

image0.thumb.jpg.0015bc0f66861e8539ac3359e7b6171e.jpg152106974_image0(1).thumb.jpg.3520c909b33649716840be87909bf59f.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

I have an MSI MPG z390 intel motherboard and the last bios date was around march of 2019 idk if that helps plus there is a photo of me activating the integrated graphics in my bios settings.

Weird, it should work

Tried updating the bios?

Also, just to be absolutely sure, it's 9600K, not 9600KF yes?

Tried unplugging the GPU? See if it uses onboard graphics

Could try clear CMOS if it doesn't, maybe settings is bugged

Just now, Moonzy said:

Weird, it should work

Tried updating the bios?

Also, just to be absolutely sure, it's 9600K, not 9600KF yes?

Ikr it is weird but I do believe  it is a 9600k is there any way I can check to see if its an F version? Not sure how to check thx.

10 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

Ikr it is weird but I do believe  it is a 9600k is there any way I can check to see if its an F version? Not sure how to check thx.

in windows, you can open up task manager to see the CPU SKU

image.png.873393b25bd657108d55febbaceacd9a.png

in bios, it should be available on the first page

not sure where MSI lists it, but it should be easily identifiable

hardware wise, you can take off the cooler and look at the IHS, see what's written on there

13 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

in windows, you can open up task manager to see the CPU SKU

image.png.873393b25bd657108d55febbaceacd9a.png

in bios, it should be available on the first page

not sure where MSI lists it, but it should be easily identifiable

hardware wise, you can take off the cooler and look at the IHS, see what's written on there

ok so I did check in task manager and it doesnt say its an F model and i also looked at the cpu box and it didnt say it was an F model so I really dont know what could be causing this issue at this point could it be something I have to activate on the motherboard physically? (if thats even a thing) thx.

13 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

ok so I did check in task manager and it doesnt say its an F model and i also looked at the cpu box and it didnt say it was an F model so I really dont know what could be causing this issue at this point could it be something I have to activate on the motherboard physically? (if thats even a thing) thx.

i believe it's just iffy bios

it's not a commonly used feature, so motherboard manufacturer may not have it sorted out

you can see if your iGPU and ports even work by removing the dGPU first, see if there's any display, before proceeding with further tests

you can also try updating bios, see if later versions addresses this issue

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i believe it's just iffy bios

it's not a commonly used feature, so motherboard manufacturer may not have it sorted out

you can see if your iGPU and ports even work by removing the dGPU first, see if there's any display, before proceeding with further tests

you can also try updating bios, see if later versions addresses this issue

So I should be able to remove my gpu from the slot check to see if there is any display and if not I simply install the gpu back and everything should be fine right or would I have to do anything else? (btw would I have to remove any power supply wires from my gpu too?) thx for the help.

17 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

So I should be able to remove my gpu from the slot check to see if there is any display and if not I simply install the gpu back and everything should be fine right

theoretically yea

your motherboard should use onboard graphics if it doesnt detect any dedicated gpu

judging based on the picture, you shouldnt have to tweak anything in the bios

but if it somehow doesnt work, you can try resetting CMOS, and it should work, unless something is faulty hardware wise

18 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

would I have to remove any power supply wires from my gpu too?

probably dont have to, but it's recommended that you do anyways