Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does my laptop has 2 RAM slots?

Does my laptop has 2 RAM slots?
 

Task manager says I have 2 memory slots but I can see only one. 
 

My laptop is Asus x509f

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xolin said:

Does my laptop has 2 RAM slots? Task manager says I have 2 memory slots but I can see only one. 

My laptop is Asus x509f

Probably one memory slot and one piece of memory soldered into the motherboard (which Windows sees as two slots total).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nG9jQktPfs

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, minibois said:

Probably one memory slot and one piece of memory soldered into the motherboard (which Windows sees as two slots total).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nG9jQktPfs


I see one 8GB memory stick. 
Is it possible to add another 8GB stick?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Xolin said:

I see one 8GB memory stick. 
Is it possible to add another 8GB stick?

ASUS mentions:

Quote

4 GB Onboard memory, total up to 16 GB SDRAM

I would have to assume the "4 GB Onboard memory" is the memory soldered into the machine, so you can probably add another 8GB stick onto that 4GB onboard

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×