I have a i3 3110u and Intel HD 4000 gpu and 4gb ram and I want to use DaVinci résolve i will be ok Evan with old versions, can I make it work? if not

I have a i3 3110u and Intel HD 4000 gpu and 4gb ram and I want to use DaVinci résolve i will be ok Evan with old versions, can I make it work? if not give me other free editing software that I can run with  my system and don't have watermark like filmora.

Holy fuck, format your posts better.

Why can't you use Resolve?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Holy fuck, format your posts better.

Why can't you use Resolve?

I only speak English and I had no problems understanding them.

Likely doesn't meet hardware requirements?

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Likely doesn't meet hardware requirements?

Yeah, it is not even remotely close. I looked up older version and it is the same, no way. It would be terribly slow even if it starts. 

I've used kdenlive on some low end stuff, it's pretty basic but entirely free. It's still going to be slow, very slow, but it should open and run.

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I've used kdenlive on some low end stuff, it's pretty basic but entirely free. It's still going to be slow, very slow, but it should open and run.

I've used DaVinci resolve on my weakass laptop no problem, except the program isn't very good for my purposes (editing videos) am now using Windows ® Movie Maker ™ it's so much better and it doesn't take rocket surgery for some simple effects! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Hi i want to be able to edit videos (720p 30fps) if you could suggest to me a free editing software that can run (or walk) in my laptop

Space : i3 3110u

intel hd 4000

4gb ram 

i was thinking of older versions of DaVinci résolve because it's completely free but I don't know if it's gonna work

Blender.  Blender works on everything.  Not always fast, and pieces of it might need to be cut off, but it’s open source so that can be done.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

43 minutes ago, Mascarad ninja said:

Hi i want to be able to edit videos (720p 30fps) if you could suggest to me a free editing software that can run (or walk) in my laptop

Space : i3 3110u

intel hd 4000

4gb ram 

i was thinking of older versions of DaVinci résolve because it's completely free but I don't know if it's gonna work

Windows Movie Maker, 131Megabyte DL Link in Description (My Google Drive) I have used this on both Win7 and Win10, please update your media codec packs if it has trouble opening your file formats. (it's an oldie, but a goodie for the free basics)
You can use it as is, 720p30 or 720p60, 1080p30 or 1080p60 or use my method to unlock higher resolutions (1440p/2160p Upscaling) above the default 1080p profiles.
Free,.. Easy to Use (MAKE SURE TO SET 16:9 in the Project Tab) and then Easy as Pie.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

What kind of edits?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

DaVinci resolve is quite intensive, I found. Perhaps you should consider Lightworks or NCH Videopad. I used those when I had a slow laptop and they were good. I'd recommend NCH Videopad.

If you decide to use davinci, you can lower the resolution of the preview video to run it light. Also just autosave every few minutes because on low specs system you will have more crushes

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Also merged the threads. Same topic, one thread, thanks.

Add more RAM if you can. Resolve is bit picky with VRAM, and you really need RAM too. So 4gigs, I wouldn't try with Resolve and any HD footage. Like 720p could do, but not higher res.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2020 at 9:25 PM, Mascarad ninja said:

I have a i3 3110u and Intel HD 4000 gpu and 4gb ram and I want to use DaVinci résolve i will be ok Evan with old versions, can I make it work? if not give me other free editing software that I can run with  my system and don't have watermark like filmora.

I have i5 3340m laptop with Intel HD 4000 graphics & 4GB RAM. I tried many video editors but I have found three best video editors(for my laptop):

1. Kdenlive

2. Shotcut

3. Openshot

They all are Open Source.

The "Kdenlive version 20.08.2" is best". Because it supports GPU rendering on my laptop. Any other version of Kdenlive or any other video editor don't support GPU rendering in my laptop.