Does anyone know and can explain in simple sentence?

jumbo9i0

Don't use Lan 4 if you're a gamer

I think the examples are really explanatory, use Lan 4 for situations like those.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

A subnet is a network within a network. Think of it like this, your external IP is your city, your subnet is your town and your local IP is your home address.

Its possible to have multiple smaller networks all running inside one large network. Its useful in large networks where domains are used to separate different parts or as the example says, to separate security equipment from your main network.

To have direct connects between subnets you need to create bridges or static routes which allows you to control which devices can access the subnet and which ones cannot.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

An "overlapping network" on LAN 4 would be one that uses the same IP address range as the one that is configured for LAN 1-3.

For example if you use the network 192.168.1.x / 255.255.255.0 then every IP in the range 192.168.1.1 – 192.168.1.254 would be on the same network (.0 and .255 are somewhat special and can't be used directly).

If you use that address range on LAN 1-3, their recommendation is to use another network (or IP address range) on LAN 4. So for example a computer connected to LAN 4 should use an IP from a network like 192.168.2.x.

This also means the machine connected to LAN 4 can't communicate directly with the the PCs connected to LAN 1-3. Instead of using the router as a simple switch, they need to communicate through the router using NAT (network address translation).

(This is simplified, you could use other IPs and subnet masks, but I hope the basic idea is clear)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Yeah waht @Fasauceome said.

You can see in the other explanations it goes DEEEP. ;)

Its for adding extra networks. Thats about the easiest to say it.
If you dont need it, ignore it. Most likely the speeds on that port might be a bit slower as well.

So just use the first 3, and you good.

If thats not enough buy a cheap switch and plug that into one of the first 3 ethernet jacks on there.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

21 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

A subnet is a network within a network. Think of it like this, your external IP is your city, your subnet is your town and your local IP is your home address.

Its possible to have multiple smaller networks all running inside one large network. Its useful in large networks where domains are used to separate different parts or as the example says, to separate security equipment from your main network.

To have direct connects between subnets you need to create bridges or static routes which allows you to control which devices can access the subnet and which ones cannot.

21 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

An "overlapping network" on LAN 4 would be one that uses the same IP address range as the one that is configured for LAN 1-3.

For example if you use the network 192.168.1.x / 255.255.255.0 then every IP in the range 192.168.1.1 – 192.168.1.254 would be on the same network (.0 and .255 are somewhat special and can't be used directly).

If you use that address range on LAN 1-3, their recommendation is to use another network (or IP address range) on LAN 4. So for example a computer connected to LAN 4 should use an IP from a network like 192.168.2.x.

This also means the machine connected to LAN 4 can't communicate directly with the the PCs connected to LAN 1-3. Instead of using the router as a simple switch, they need to communicate through the router using NAT (network address translation).

(This is simplified, you could use other IPs and subnet masks, but I hope the basic idea is clear)

37 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Don't use Lan 4 if you're a gamer

I think the examples are really explanatory, use Lan 4 for situations like those.

10 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah waht @Fasauceome said.

You can see in the other explanations it goes DEEEP. ;)

Its for adding extra networks. Thats about the easiest to say it.
If you dont need it, ignore it. Most likely the speeds on that port might be a bit slower as well.

So just use the first 3, and you good.

If thats not enough buy a cheap switch and plug that into one of the first 3 ethernet jacks on there.

Appreciated!