XMP Failed - Swap out the RAM?

JayBe
Go to solution Solved by Hold-Ma-Beer,
1 minute ago, JayBe said:

So i should be able to achieve 3600 MHz by just setting the voltage to 1,35V and the frequency to said 3600? Even tho the ryzen 5 3600x says the max frequency is 3200?

Idk about whether you should set it to 3600 or not, but you can set it to 3200 and check for stability as for now.

Hey guys,

I just upgraded my RAM from a 16 GB 4400 MHz to a 32 GB 3600 MHz, thinking that a Ryzen 5 3600x paired with a Gigabyte Gaming X can run it.
I fucked up last year when putting a 4400 MHz RAM into it, knowing that the CPU doesnt support that much.
In my dumb Head i thought, that 3600 MHz was the highest frequency the CPU can run and therefore bought one as i wanted to upgrade to 32GB without checking the Specs beforehand again...
I now wanted to OC it with XMP, the PC booted, beeped 3 times, shut down, booted again, beeped 3 times again, shut down and then POSTed. Obviously, without the OC.

So, my question is, am i just dumb here? Is there another way to run it on 3600 MHz or should I just send it back and buy a 3200 MHz RAM?

As always, thanks in advance!

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

I've had the same issue, apply the voltage and speed manually.

I have a Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 3000MHz kit paired with Ryzen 3 2200G. I set the voltage to 1.35V manually, since it was not applying it automatically (It stayed at 1.2V)

XMP is just a shortcut that may or may not work, you can get any speed you want lower or equal to the RAM's rating by setting it manually, no need to replace anything.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

XMP is just a shortcut that may or may not work, you can get any speed you want lower or equal to the RAM's rating by setting it manually, no need to replace anything.

4 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

See this.

So i should be able to achieve 3600 MHz by just setting the voltage to 1,35V and the frequency to said 3600? Even tho the ryzen 5 3600x says the max frequency is 3200?

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

1 minute ago, JayBe said:

Idk about whether you should set it to 3600 or not, but you can set it to 3200 and check for stability as for now.

35 minutes ago, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

Sounds good, thank you.
But if i cant run it on 3600 i will most likely send it back and buy a 3200 one, as it would cost at least 30 € less