Rog Zephyrus G14 soldered ram upgrade?

I would really like to see if the 8GB of on board memory could be de-soldered and replaced with a bigger module (to get more than just 16gb of dual channel memory) 

I ask this out of complete curiosity, so don't take it as something I would actually want to do.  Linus usually does cool experiments and it would be great to have him try it.

Or I could be completely off and this is a completely idiotic request (highly likely)

But still...very curious

--oh and I do plan to buy a G14 because I'll be deploying soon and a small light gaming laptop would be great and it's nice to know my upgrade options in the future

22 minutes ago, grassof said:

I would really like to see if the 8GB of on board memory could be de-soldered and replaced with a bigger module (to get more than just 16gb of dual channel memory) 

I ask this out of complete curiosity, so don't take it as something I would actually want to do.  Linus usually does cool experiments and it would be great to have him try it.

Or I could be completely off and this is a completely idiotic request (highly likely)

But still...very curious

--oh and I do plan to buy a G14 because I'll be deploying soon and a small light gaming laptop would be great and it's nice to know my upgrade options in the future

no 

its not possible to change it because its using some kind of security chip to protect the ram module

why don't you just buy the 32 gb version of G14?

I'm daily driving a G14 too with R9 4900HS RTX 2080 32GB Ram 2 TB NVMe and its freaking awesome

Ah, ok I suppose that makes sense.  On another note, you have a G14 with a 2080 and a 4900HS?  Where can I find this unicorn??  All I can find in my searches is just the 2060 Max-Q