Security cameras for farm fence perimeter

So, we live on a farm and very soon we're gonna set up a around 1,5 km of fence for a couple animal enclosures. We figured we wanted security cameras around the perimeter as there has been some cases of people cutting open fences to set the animals free. The distance from the furtest camera(in respect to a building in the middle of the enclosure) might be a little over 300 metres, and we cannot bury any cabling between the cameras and the building. Ideally, we don't want to just buy a bunch of independent cameras with sim cards, as that would be expensive in terms of subscription fees. So my question arises: Is there any good solution to this problem tat could be run locally by us, perhabs with some kind of server storing the phootage? Would it be possible to have some kind of system(low voltage probably) that could be wired via the fence, and not the ground? Is there a wireless system that is completely independent where the central hub talks to the cameras directly? If none of these things are possible, is there a system designed for this that might have a lower subscription cost, and is more organized then putting up a bunch of cameras with sim cards?

I tried googling, but I'm completely clueless, and didn't really know where to start. Sorry if this isn't really the right forum for this. All answers are appreciated!

52 minutes ago, MrPotatoFace said:

So my question arises: Is there any good solution to this problem tat could be run locally by us, perhabs with some kind of server storing the phootage? Would it be possible to have some kind of system(low voltage probably) that could be wired via the fence, and not the ground? Is there a wireless system that is completely independent where the central hub talks to the cameras directly?

First of all, yes, it's possible to set up a recording server that handles the data from the cameras, but you'd still have to get the data from the cameras to the server! This means that you'd still need to run wires to all the cameras or use WiFi, but with WiFi, you'd most likely want the server to be closer than 300 metres away from the cameras in order to get good signal even in bad weather.

Secondly, you still need to power the cameras one way or another, so you'll need to run some cables anyway. WiFi-cameras typically run at 9V or 12V and around 1A current. Don't forget that the server would also need power from somewhere! Running a bunch of cables along the fence doesn't really sound like a good idea, since the cables would be at weather's, the animals' and the random vandals' mercy.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, MrPotatoFace said:

organized then putting up a bunch of cameras with sim cards?

I tried googling, but I'm completely clueless, and didn't really know where to start. Sorry if this isn't really the right forum for this. All answers are appreciated!

sim connected hunting/trailcam is probably the easiest 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige