Can I use Full size headphones on my iPad?

Intergalacticbits

I have an 7th gen iPad and a pair of full size cup over the ear Philips headphones with an 1/8 inch plug.

Will this work ok or is it likely to shorten the life of the battery in my iPad?

Both sets of my ear buds quit working today.

I don't want to be stupid and cause problems for my iPad.

My iPad never leaves the house. I like to watch TV shows and movies on it. So I thought it might be ok for that use.

Am I being stupid or will this work with no problems to the iPad?

I just bought it around 6 months back and I don't want to shorten its life.

WHy not try it?

It should work fine, they don't need much power normally, and the headphones use a pretty small amount of power in a tablet.

The headphones will work just fine.  I use Bose headphones with my iPad Pro that is 2 years old.

15 hours ago, kb5zue said:

The headphones will work just fine.  I use Bose headphones with my iPad Pro that is 2 years old.

Thanks

I'll try it then.  I was just planning on using the big headphones until I got a decent pair of earbuds. 

I had those two old pairs of earbuds for like 5 or 6 years.  The one pair sounded great, the other sound muted and horrible.

They were both Sony brand and looked exactly the same.  😕

My problem is I can't tell the difference between the crap earbuds and the great sounding ones lol.

I asked my two younger nephews once time what was a good quality sounding earbud to buy.

I figured they were younger and listed to a lot of music so would know.

They said they couldn't find any that were good either. That they had bought both expensive ones and cheap ones but that they all sounded that same low level crap sound to them.  They suggested I just buy whatever is cheap and not worry about it.

The thing is though that I like the sound to be really good in music but especially in movies I watch.

Do you know what is good?