Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency): GPU:RM300 ($73) CPU:RM120 ($28.86)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games: Minecraft,ET2,Valorant and OSU Work: Google Classroom And Power Point

Other details: CPU:Intel Pentium G645 @ 2.90GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology 2 CORE.

RAM:4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

MOBO:ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155)  

GRAPHICS: Second Gen Intel HD Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc)

STORAGE:465GB Hitachi HGST HTS545050A7E380 ATA Device (SATA )   
                                           465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AADS-00M2B0 ATA Device (SATA )
                         PSU:500W (Im not sure of the branding)

Hello, so during this pandemic time I have a lot of school work and my PC runs SUPER SLOW! And I literally can't play ANY games. And whenever I'm in an online class my pc all of sudden crashes. 

So at first I thought the problem was because I don't have a GPU, but TBH, it's the CPU. So I'm wondering which should I upgrade first. (PS: I found this pc near a dumpster)

Thank you,

CitricLemon

(Sorry for bad grammar)

in all honesty you really shouldn't be putting any money into that machine as its basically 10 years old and if it was left outside the board could be pretty oxidized from the elements.

you essentially have not enough ram , not enough cpu , and the machine isn't reliable to begin with , nor would any amount of money really make it into much of a machine when you're done.

I'd actually open the machine and see if it's even worth saving or if the board is just trashed.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

in all honesty you really shouldn't be putting any money into that machine as its basically 10 years old and if it was left outside the board could be pretty oxidized from the elements.

you essentially have not enough ram , not enough cpu , and the machine isn't reliable to begin with , nor would any amount of money really make it into much of a machine when you're done.

I'd actually open the machine and see if it's even worth saving or if the board is just trashed.

I mean your not wrong, but the MOBO it's not that oxidized but it's pretty dusty. But i can't upgrade the MOBO cuz it goes over my budget. So I wanted to slowly upgrade my pc.

1 minute ago, CitricLemons said:

I mean your not wrong, but the MOBO it's not that oxidized but it's pretty dusty. But i can't upgrade the MOBO cuz it goes over my budget. So I wanted to slowly upgrade my pc.

save your money and just buy a newer platform. you're wasting money on that machine.

if the machine isn't stable then theres already an issue with it (that im willing to bet you can't afford to solve right now) so theres no reason to upgrade a broken machine

Alright then, do you think this type is good?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Graphic: AMD RX580 4GB GDDR5 Motherboard: Asrock A320M AM4 RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz SDD: 240GB HDD: 500GB PSU: Segotep AP550 550W Case: Segotep Prime M