Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys

So I am currently rocking an Honor View 20 which has been quite a solid phone for the price I got it for, but I've had it a while so was thinking of upgrading, plus my mum is in need of a new phone as hers is starting to play up so I'd donate her my old one.

My dilemma is deciding on which to purchase. At the moment the 2 main contenders are the OnePlus 8T and the iPhone 11.

Real word performance is very similar from the research that I've done. The main difference seems to be the 120HZ Amoled in the OP as opposed the LCD in the iPhone but I'm not sure how much id notice this day to day.

Price wise for me the OP starts at £549 and the iPhone £599 but I'm planning on seeing if there will be any Black Friday deals for them.

I used to prefer androids massively but since acquiring an iPad air 3 for Uni work I have begun to like iOS again, especially with the optimization and long software support.

So essentially I am asking what you would recommend and why.

If you have any questions for me don't hesitate to ask.

Many Thanks

Kieran

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Depends on your needs. Personally, AOD, 120Hz amoled, fingerprint sensor and faster charging would make me choose the oneplus 8t, especially since i dont care all that much about cameras.

I would say wait till black friday, so you can have a better look at the deals.

Budget build
CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
iGPU: Vega 11
Ram: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2666mhz dual channel
MB: Gigabyte ga-a320m s2h v2
SSD: Crucial 240GB
PSU: Cheap 500W
Case: Cougar MX330-G

29 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Depends on your needs. Personally, AOD, 120Hz amoled, fingerprint sensor and faster charging would make me choose the oneplus 8t, especially since i dont care all that much about cameras.

I would say wait till black friday, so you can have a better look at the deals.

Yeah I guess it does. 

I was planning on waiting till black Friday for a deal but I guess it's hard to predict what's gonna happen so wanted to gauge other people's opinions on it. Thanks for the input🙂

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Your Honor View 20...

What did you like about it?

What did you not like about it?

What would you like to be improved?

What are the apps and things you do with the phone?

How has "optimization and long software support" affected your use of the device?

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Your Honor View 20...

What did you like about it?

What did you not like about it?

What would you like to be improved?

What are the apps and things you do with the phone?

How has "optimization and long software support" affected your use of the device?

I actually find the phone quite responsive and fast to load things which is nice. 

The screen to small extent only because I had an amoled before but that's something I'm used to now. The camera setup. 

A camera improvement would be the main thing as the current one is a bit meh. 

Mainly social media, YouTube, emails, music, nfc payments, photos etc... 

I've found some apps have been glitchy on me with them crashing or not working as intended. Software. Support so far is not bad but I intend to keep my next phone for longer than this one. 

Spoiler

On 10/23/2020 at 3:19 PM, Prokart2000 said:

iPhone 11.

I have an iPhone XR. I really really like it. Before I was an Android guy. The iPhone is easy to use, 5+ years of updates. It seems to hold up pretty well. The biggest con of an iPhone is they are a bit locked down. For me, thats not an issue, but for some people thats a big issue. Also not all apps that you have on android will be available for iOS. Before my XR I had a Oneplus 3T. It was probably one of the best experiences I ever had on Android. Oxygen OS seemed to be very solid and stable for the most part. The phone felt premium even though it only cost like $450, the 3T was released just before OnePlus decided it wanted to play with the big boys (Apple and Samsung), later devices costed more. Most Android devices get maybe 2 years of updates, 3 years on some. Im not sure where OnePlus stacks on this however.  

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

19 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have an iPhone XR. I really really like it. Before I was an Android guy. The iPhone is easy to use, 5+ years of updates. It seems to hold up pretty well. The biggest con of an iPhone is they are a bit locked down. For me, thats not an issue, but for some people thats a big issue. Also not all apps that you have on android will be available for iOS. Before my XR I had a Oneplus 3T. It was probably one of the best experiences I ever had on Android. Oxygen OS seemed to be very solid and stable for the most part. The phone felt premium even though it only cost like $450, the 3T was released just before OnePlus decided it wanted to play with the big boys (Apple and Samsung), later devices costed more. Most Android devices get maybe 2 years of updates, 3 years on some. Im not sure where OnePlus stacks on this however.  

Yeah I feel like I may be in the same boat as you, going from Android to iOS. It’s looking like the iPhone 11 for me👍

Spoiler