Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I reapply Thermal Paste

I have a laptop that I use for watching videos and homework it has a i3-6100u should I reapply the thermal paste even though I dont have any thermal problems any answer is appreciated

Some guy interested in tech

If you don't have any thermal problems, why would you reapply thermal paste...?

Always remember the 80/80 rule of project management. That is, the first 80% of the project takes 80% of the time, and the last 20% of the project takes the other 80% of the time.

Just now, bellabichon said:

If you don't have any thermal problems, why would you reapply thermal paste...?

Just asking because it is an old laptop 

Some guy interested in tech

2 minutes ago, Ataxion said:

you might see some lower temps, but it isn't going to help performance. not enough to be worth the effort imo.

Don't fix a problem you don't have. If it runs fine, leave it be.

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List          How to choose a Monitor          My Samsung Odyssey G7 Review

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @4.7GHz all-core OC (1.3125V) - Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V1 - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X @2.1GHz Core / 10GHz VRAM - RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB + 16GB Crucial Ballistix - PSU: Corsair RMx 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (System) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitors: 2x LG 27GN850-B HDR-Gaming-TV: LG C9 OLED 55" - Mouse: Logitech G Pro wireless + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Corsair K63 Wireless + Lapboard - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Edition 600 Ohm - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

Temperatures: (Furmark CPU-Burner and GPU-Burner running at the same time. Measured after water temperature hits equilibrium.)

CPU: 70°C

GPU: 52°C

21 minutes ago, Ataxion said:

Applying more thermal application can cause conduction.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。