CPU Upgrade for streaming and gaming

I have a ryzen 2200g paired with a rx570 4gb right now. i got the 2200g as a placeholder until i got an actual graphics card. now my cpu is kind of a problem when i try to stream. Im looking at either the Ryzen 7 2700x or the Ryzen 5 3600. both are about the same price so they both fit in my budget. which one will be better overall to handle streaming and gaming on the same system? I dont ever play AAA titles i play more esports titles like league of legends, valorant, fortnite, and valorant. might try warzone soon as well. Any tips or recommendations?

I suggest wait until Zen 3 CPUs hit the market in november and get a used Ryzen 7 2700 (non-X) from ebay

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Doolittle28 said:

is there an issue with the 2700x?

make sure to use the quote button or we won't see your responses.

the X versions of Ryzen CPUs have shown to be a bit of a waste of money, offering the same exact experience for more cost.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

is there an issue with the 2700x?

its just a uptick in price for a x at the end.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

its just a uptick in price for a x at the end.

yeah but the 2700x is almost $70 cheaper than the 2700 on amazon

4 minutes ago, Doolittle28 said:

yeah but the 2700x is almost $70 cheaper than the 2700 on amazon

usually it is, IDK why it isnt. its higherclocked.

but @Fasauceome had a good paot about gettig a used cpu.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

i would normally wait but its my birthday present and im kind of under the gun lol

i would normally wait but its my birthday present and im kind of under the gun lol

only new is allowed for a gift?

Primary PC:

no thats not what i meant. i meant i cant really wait for the next gen to release to get it

Just now, Doolittle28 said:

no thats not what i meant. i meant i cant really wait for the next gen to release to get it

make sure you use the quote button

if you gotta buy now, a used 2700 is best value for streaming and gaming, if eBay is available in your country

Primary PC:

a 1650 super with nvidia's nvenc encoder would take basically all of the streaming load off of the cpu at basically no performance cost. although the 2200g aint renowned for spitting out high framerates so you might want a better cpu anyways for valorant/warzone in general

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D