Best Wii games with classic controler only gameplay

Helpful Tech Witch

I really love the wii but sometimes I want to sit on my couch and play a game withoug pointing at my tv. Since I don't have anything but a wii, what are some wii games that are worth playing, but eork with classic and classic pro controlers?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Here's a list:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_compatible_with_Classic_Controller

From that list, the ones that stand out as being at least decent are Xenoblade Chronicles, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Kirby's Dream Collection, Sonic Colors, Sonic Unleashed, and anything from the virtual console.

Also both of the Super Mario Galaxy games, yes they use the wiimote and the nunchuk, but they can easily be played from the couch and imo are the best among all the games listed here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

Mario Kart Wii

I didnt know that that one worked with the classic controler. TIL.

3 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Xenoblade Chronicles

Ive heard this is a really good one, ill check it out.

4 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

anything from the virtual console.

i wish I could legally get these now, no more eshop there.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Xenoblade Chronicles is outstanding. If you have a Wii you have probably already played New Super Mario Bros Wii, but if not, it's played mostly with the Wii-mote held sideways like a two button NES controller. You'll have to shake it use your propeller hat and sometimes you'll tilt the Wii-mote to move a platform, but it's not the kind of game you'll be pointing your controller at the screen constantly for. Honestly, best would be just hacking the system and playing Gamecube games with the classic controller as well as some N64 Classics like Mario 64 and the two N64 Zeldas with official emulation.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Honestly, best would be just hacking the system and playing Gamecube games with the classic controller as well as some N64 Classics like Mario 64 and the two N64 Zeldas with official emulation.

My sd card corrupted, o im in a half hacked half unhacked state:(. I was playing pickmin and downloaded windwaker, but then it died. I do have mario 64, and I love it.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Mario Kart Wii and Smash Brawl are always my go to.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The Last Story and the Goldeneye remake are both great.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.