Corsair H100i Capellix pump won't turn on after PC wakes up from sleep

Go to solution Solved by Mida4,

Final update: after exchanging the old unit for a new one, the new one has been working perfectly so far where the pump would turn on after PC wakes up from sleep and pump would just turn on all the time in general whenever the PC gets powered on. Turns out the first unit I got was defective this entire time...

5 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

no driver update will require a bios update first. now days it technically doesn't matter which you do first, but i still fallow the way of doing drivers. which is chipset driver first then everything else

you can skip anything that is a utility aka:

utility-ASUS TUF CPU-Z

utility-Armoury Crate & AURA Creator Installer

and the:

Qualified Vendor List

you also wont need the:

VGA drive and you have a separate gpu

download:

chipset ( looks like it will be the most important one)

secondaries are:

audio

lan

wireless

sata

bluetooth

OK I'll do just that. But I should wait for the Corsair support to reply back tomorrow first to give them the updated info. In the mean time, any more troubleshoot tips from anybody would be helpful too 👍

Just now, Mida4 said:

OK I'll do just that. But I should wait for the Corsair support to reply back tomorrow first to give them the updated info. In the mean time, any more troubleshoot tips from anybody would be helpful too 👍

if that doesn't resolve the issue

you can disable the usbs selective suspend settings

Click Change plan settings for the plan you want to change.

Click Change advanced power settings.

Click the plus sign (+) next to “USB settings” and “USB selective suspend setting” to expand the options and change the setting to Disabled.

there is another option which is disabling c state, but i'd use that as a last result attempt as it affect much more than just the usb devices

4 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

if that doesn't resolve the issue

you can disable the usbs selective suspend settings

Click Change plan settings for the plan you want to change.

Click Change advanced power settings.

Click the plus sign (+) next to “USB settings” and “USB selective suspend setting” to expand the options and change the setting to Disabled.

there is another option which is disabling c state, but i'd use that as a last result attempt as it affect much more than just the usb devices

What does disabling the USB selective suspend thing do anyways?

i was thinking you could try something before everything else if you like

open device manager

right click the usb that is being used

select properties

select power management

untick the box to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Just now, Mida4 said:

So in short, it makes it so the pump will always be active even when the PC goes to sleep or something?

in simple terms yes but that method may do the same for other usb device. although it can be very useful or stack with my latest post

6 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

i was thinking you could try something before everything else if you like

open device manager

right click the usb that is being used

select properties

select power management

untick the box to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Where's the tab to select power management? It only shows general, driver, details and events only

4 minutes ago, Mida4 said:

Where's the tab to select power management? It only shows general, driver, details and events only

it should be a tab....

screen shot?

2 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

it should a tab....

screen shot?

image.png.bf2422c02318a86e6e4fa4f108f02174.png

Just now, Mida4 said:

image.png.bf2422c02318a86e6e4fa4f108f02174.png

are you sure that is the correct one?

do you have one that says corsair driver?

4 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

are you sure that is the correct one?

do you have one that says corsair driver?

That's the weird thing. None of them have a name listed. But I'm completely 100% sure the selected one is related to the Capellix because the time and date is the exact match of when I installed the AIO 

image.png.3e875694fe870db5bea3326ad9e4a869.png

Edited by Mida4
attached screenshot

2 minutes ago, Mida4 said:

That's the weird thing. None of them have a name listed. But I'm completely 100% sure the selected one is related to the Capellix because the time and date is the exact match of when I installed the AIO image.png.3e875694fe870db5bea3326ad9e4a869.png

interesting after reviewing the device manager on my other system with the h100i v2. It does infact show "corsair driver" under the usb controllers. as far as being able to make the recommended changes i guess its a no go as it didn't allow me to make changes to the power management anyways for said device. so....

I can only point you to previously mentioned solution(s).

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

interesting after reviewing the device manager on my other system with the h100i v2. It does infact show "corsair driver" under the usb controllers. as far as being able to make the recommended changes i guess its a no go as it didn't allow me to make changes to the power management anyways for said device. so....

I can only point you to previously mentioned solution(s).

Do you know why my drivers are all unnamed and my AIO isn't being shown as Corsair Driver?

2 minutes ago, Mida4 said:

Do you know why my drivers are all unnamed and my AIO isn't being shown as Corsair Driver?

its not uncommon. as for the corsair one specifically, i would chalk the up to you having a newer corsair product.

7 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

its not uncommon. as for the corsair one specifically, i would chalk the up to you having a newer corsair product.

Now I'm curious if anyone is having the same AIO problems with me or I just got a defective product. At least I should have results tomorrow where updating drivers and/or Corsair support pulls through to make the product work, or have to exchange this AIO for a newer one. At least I bought this from best buy and they have a very lenient product exchange policy. I'll be up to date with the results tomorrow and post it here

Update for today: Corsair support brought out the big guns and got a special team to investigate the problem. They told me to send the computer system logs and other logs for inspection and told me I should update all drivers and BIOS and see what would happen from there

1 hour ago, Mida4 said:

Update for today: Corsair support brought out the big guns and got a special team to investigate the problem. They told me to send the computer system logs and other logs for inspection and told me I should update all drivers and BIOS and see what would happen from there

please keep us updated

4 hours ago, narrdarr said:

please keep us updated

Results: yeah it didn't work... I'm at the latest BIOS and drivers version and it happened again. Interesting thing is the driver for Capellix in the USB device manager still says "device not migrated" so still have no clue how to fix that. Let's see what else the Corsair support team can do tomorrow

122439694_3672148399476028_5492470226159814856_n.jpg

Update for today: Support team replied back and said I have to do some big guns stuff myself like going into System Command Prompt to attempt to repair corrupt files since they said corrupt files might cause driver issues. The scan did show some corrupt files and the PC did fix it (image 1 & 2). After restarting my PC, I checked the device driver again and still says device not migrated. So their next step was to uninstall drivers and restart PC to see if it works. I did just that and the PC still says device not migrated (image 3). At this point they suggest I do a factory settings reset to my BIOS and at this point, I'm double checking with them for other stuff. Will let you know results afterwards. They also said the last resort is to do a full reinstall of windows but said at that point, it's too much worth the hassle but it's a possible thing to do. If nothing works, it's time for a product replacement

command repair.png

command repair 2.png

device still not migrated.png

1 hour ago, Mida4 said:

Update for today: Support team replied back and said I have to do some big guns stuff myself like going into System Command Prompt to attempt to repair corrupt files since they said corrupt files might cause driver issues. The scan did show some corrupt files and the PC did fix it (image 1 & 2). After restarting my PC, I checked the device driver again and still says device not migrated. So their next step was to uninstall drivers and restart PC to see if it works. I did just that and the PC still says device not migrated (image 3). At this point they suggest I do a factory settings reset to my BIOS and at this point, I'm double checking with them for other stuff. Will let you know results afterwards. They also said the last resort is to do a full reinstall of windows but said at that point, it's too much worth the hassle but it's a possible thing to do. If nothing works, it's time for a product replacement

command repair.png

command repair 2.png

device still not migrated.png

Well can comfortably say a bios reset isn't going to do anything. Nor would a reinstall of windows as you have no other issues with other usb devices.

You did check your other usb devices for errors too?...Correct?

Can you also check event viewer see if there are any related error?

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

Well can comfortably say a bios reset isn't going to do anything. Nor would a reinstall of windows as you have no other issues with other usb devices.

You did check your other usb devices for errors too?...Correct?

Can you also check event viewer see if there are any related error?

OK I just did all of the above and the device FINALLY migrated. But here's the fun part. It still didn't solve the issue 😑 despite literally everything now working including the device migration, the pump still sometimes wouldn't turn on after I wake it up from a sleep. I think at this point it's probably not a software problem anymore since I don't think there is anything left to do for software. I can also rule out the USB header on my motherboard being defective since I just swapped out different devices for the headers and they worked 100% of the time. At this rate I think there is some sort of hardware issue now unless can you think of any other potential issues for the pump not working after PC waking up?

image.png.15aff3cfcb27cc1d34aa50d603f7d142.png

17 minutes ago, Mida4 said:

OK I just did all of the above and the device FINALLY migrated. But here's the fun part. It still didn't solve the issue 😑 despite literally everything now working including the device migration, the pump still sometimes wouldn't turn on after I wake it up from a sleep. I think at this point it's probably not a software problem anymore since I don't think there is anything left to do for software. I can also rule out the USB header on my motherboard being defective since I just swapped out different devices for the headers and they worked 100% of the time. At this rate I think there is some sort of hardware issue now unless can you think of any other potential issues for the pump not working after PC waking up?

image.png.15aff3cfcb27cc1d34aa50d603f7d142.png

think its time to do an exchange or get a different model altogether.

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

think its time to do an exchange or get a different model altogether.

In any case, still got 1 week left to solve it before I exchange the product. That's because I have school for the entire day for the weekdays so the only time I can make an exchange is during the weekends

10 minutes ago, Mida4 said:

In any case, still got 1 week left to solve it before I exchange the product. That's because I have school for the entire day for the weekdays so the only time I can make an exchange is during the weekends

just throw on the stock cooler that came with the cpu. it will be fine