used old card vs used mining card

hi i lost my graphic card

even to play old low end game, i need a card

should i get old gen gpu or mining gpu?

hd 7970 ghz edition = 56 usd (was used for normal gaming not mining)

rx 570 = 90 usd (was used for mining, dont know how long)

rx 580 = 95 usd (was used for mining about 1 year)

in my experience, ex mining card are fine, had a few with no issues so far. they usually aren't overvolted or anything, the only thing to watch for is custom vbios, which you would need to flash back to stock.

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

in my experience, ex mining card are fine, had a few with no issues so far. they usually aren't overvolted or anything, the only thing to watch for is custom vbios, which you would need to flash back to stock.

the owner has flashed it back ,rx 580

38 minutes ago, nocollectdatanointernet said:

the owner has flashed it back ,rx 580

should be fine then

If you don't mind buying anything that are used. Then yea, they are great and pretty good value too for what they are. In my experience of buying this kind card for other people, none of them ever failed. But I do suspect that will probably fail are the fans 'cause they are literally used 24/7

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

For the most part, mining cards are fine as long as they weren't kept in a place with high humidity.

I've seen some photos of mining cards all corroded because who knows where they kept them and what cooling they used.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Use is use. I’d only care depending on the actual model. Seen a high fan failure rate for the Msi stuff. So I’d stay away from that. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz