Will my card be ok :(

Ebony Falcon

Took my pc to a shop today to get rebuilt in a new case, on the way there the card must have shook out of the pcie slot some how and when the guy took out the screws for the card the card slid and fell out onto the psu

it looked fine and no exterior damage, but he couldn’t finish the rebuild because my 280 rad didn’t fit in the new case 

so now iv been worried all night that tomorow he will finish it and my gpu will be fucked :( 

rip 2080ti ftw3 ultra 

I’m so oranges out, pls tell me stories about dropping stuff and it still works ! 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

1 minute ago, Ebony Falcon said:

card slid and fell out onto the psu

It'll be fine, a drop of several inches won't kill a card, unless the system was powered on when ti happened, which is unlikely since they were transferring parts to a new case.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You can't exactly tell if a card is broken based on the drop.  A card can fall down the stair and survive and another can fall from 2ft and die instantly. You'll have to find out when you get there. Though I imagine it'll be unlikely it got damaged.

40 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You can't exactly tell if a card is broken based on the drop.  A card can fall down the stair and survive and another can fall from 2ft and die instantly. You'll have to find out when you get there. Though I imagine it'll be unlikely it got damaged.

It dropped about 2 inch

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

2 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

I’m so oranges out, pls tell me stories about dropping stuff and it still works ! 

Linus dropped a lot of stuffs but LTT still works!

IMO, no need to sweat about it. GPU is a lot stronger than you think.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |