Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my dt990 aren't comfortable

hello i have bought a new dt990, and they are fantastic at the sound, but when it come to the comfort the left one is really comfortable but the right is not it feel like they are touching my ear so is this normal or i have defective one or what do i do?

 

because i really like the sound on them 

 

sorry if my english isn't that good

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ricked20245 said:

hello i have bought a new dt990, and they are fantastic at the sound, but when it come to the comfort the left one is really comfortable but the right is not it feel like they are touching my ear so is this normal or i have defective one or what do i do?

 

because i really like the sound on them 

 

sorry if my english isn't that good

That is because you have flattened the pads. Get these: https://www.electromod.co.uk/products/dekoni/EliteVelour/Dekoni-Elite-Velour-Ear-pads-for-Beyerdynamic-DT770-880-990-Headphones/

These are sooo much comfortable and they are memory foam. Which means it will take a long long time before they get squished. They are larger as well. Gives you a better soundstage imo.

 

Also we all aren't symmetrical in the ears or head so it might be touching more because your ear on the right is bigger or something like that. But get these pads if you want maximal comfort and great sound.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also where are you located? US or EU?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Also where are you located? US or EU?

neither i'm in  at Saudi Arabia but, i had the pad for only one week how the hell is they are flattened are they this, cheap and i heard that this are going to effect the quality 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Also where are you located? US or EU?

and thank you i don't find the dt990 worth now because it is with the shipment 221 dollars and i would need to buy a pads this to much i think i'm going to return them and i will be going with the hd58x till i become rich or it become available at my country then i'm going to buy them with the foam

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ricked20245 said:

and little question are the hd58x bigger ear cup size or not ?

I would say so yes I think they are a bit bigger.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ricked20245 said:

neither i'm in  at Saudi Arabia but, i had the pad for only one week how the hell is they are flattened are they this, cheap and i heard that this are going to effect the quality 

Yeah they are going to effect the sound signature not quality. For the better imo. Also I meant like they are flat because they push on your head tightly. The standard pads are much smaller than the ones I linked tho.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Yeah they are going to effect the sound signature not quality. For the better imo. Also I meant like they are flat because they push on your head tightly. The standard pads are much smaller than the ones I linked tho.

yes i know i would love to go with them but i it doesn't worth it after all i'm not that rich so i need the every dollar i can save so yeah and i'm not that poor but i hope you get my point

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ricked20245 said:

yes i know i would love to go with them but i it doesn't worth it after all i'm not that rich so i need the every dollar i can save so yeah and i'm not that poor but i hope you get my point

I absolutely get your point! Try some other headphone then. I think AKG k700 series has some big earcups. Same with sennheiser hd58x's

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

I absolutely get your point! Try some other headphone then. I think AKG k700 series has some big earcups. Same with sennheiser hd58x's

i will. thank you very much, i hope you're doing well in this time's 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ricked20245 said:

i will. thank you very much, i hope you're doing well in this time's 

You too.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

You too.

just a little question and you don't have to answer it if i'm bothering you i had use the Logitech g933 the drivers or i don't the plastic in top of the driver is curved are they similar in the hd58x or are they as big as Logitech g933 earcup. thanks in advance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ricked20245 said:

just a little question and you don't have to answer it if i'm bothering you i had use the Logitech g933 the drivers or i don't the plastic in top of the driver is curved are they similar in the hd58x or are they as big as Logitech g933 earcup. thanks in advance 

I don't get bothered at all! I don't think they are as big as the logitech ones. Maybe. I haven't really measured

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My pc specs

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 500gb M2 SSD, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming🎧

DT 990 pro 250ohm W/Straight cable and Dekoni Elite Velour Pads 

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Logitech G502 Hero

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... - Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

That is because you have flattened the pads. Get these: https://www.electromod.co.uk/products/dekoni/EliteVelour/Dekoni-Elite-Velour-Ear-pads-for-Beyerdynamic-DT770-880-990-Headphones/

These are sooo much comfortable and they are memory foam. Which means it will take a long long time before they get squished. They are larger as well. Gives you a better soundstage imo.

 

Also we all aren't symmetrical in the ears or head so it might be touching more because your ear on the right is bigger or something like that. But get these pads if you want maximal comfort and great sound.

They shouldn't be flattened if the pads are new. My pads are a month old and my pads aren't flattened yet fully. It's possible one ear is bigger or pressure distribution is just not exact. To test that just try flipping orientation and see how it fits .

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rice guru said:

They shouldn't be flattened if the pads are new. My pads are a month old and my pads aren't flattened yet fully. It's possible one ear is bigger or pressure distribution is just not exact. To test that just try flipping orientation and see how it fits .

yeah i tried it's my ear, so i think the dekoni is going to be comfortable, but i don't think they will be worth it because the headphones itself with the shipping was 221 so yeah
but hd58x will be with the shipping 175 so i think they may be worth money. thanks everyone for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

I don't get bothered at all! I don't think they are as big as the logitech ones. Maybe. I haven't really measured

then i hope they will be comfortable because logitech weren't that comfortable but they was more comfortable than the dt990 at least. thank you for the help

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ricked20245 said:

then i hope they will be comfortable because logitech weren't that comfortable but they was more comfortable than the dt990 at least. thank you for the help

If your curious I could take a picture of how both earpads compare when. I get home later to help you witha more informed purchase.

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

 PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! dark rock pro 4Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

 AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rice guru said:

If your curious I could take a picture of how both earpads compare when. I get home later to help you witha more informed purchase.

yeah please i'm really thankful for any more information i can get

thanks bro :)

 

(edit) little question idk if it's weird, but do people measure their ears and if they do. how to do it?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×