my dt990 aren't comfortable

ricked20245

hello i have bought a new dt990, and they are fantastic at the sound, but when it come to the comfort the left one is really comfortable but the right is not it feel like they are touching my ear so is this normal or i have defective one or what do i do?

because i really like the sound on them 

sorry if my english isn't that good

6 minutes ago, ricked20245 said:

hello i have bought a new dt990, and they are fantastic at the sound, but when it come to the comfort the left one is really comfortable but the right is not it feel like they are touching my ear so is this normal or i have defective one or what do i do?

because i really like the sound on them 

sorry if my english isn't that good

That is because you have flattened the pads. Get these: https://www.electromod.co.uk/products/dekoni/EliteVelour/Dekoni-Elite-Velour-Ear-pads-for-Beyerdynamic-DT770-880-990-Headphones/

These are sooo much comfortable and they are memory foam. Which means it will take a long long time before they get squished. They are larger as well. Gives you a better soundstage imo.

Also we all aren't symmetrical in the ears or head so it might be touching more because your ear on the right is bigger or something like that. But get these pads if you want maximal comfort and great sound.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wired

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Also where are you located? US or EU?

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

neither i'm in  at Saudi Arabia but, i had the pad for only one week how the hell is they are flattened are they this, cheap and i heard that this are going to effect the quality 

19 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

and thank you i don't find the dt990 worth now because it is with the shipment 221 dollars and i would need to buy a pads this to much i think i'm going to return them and i will be going with the hd58x till i become rich or it become available at my country then i'm going to buy them with the foam

and little question are the hd58x bigger ear cup size or not ?

Just now, ricked20245 said:

and little question are the hd58x bigger ear cup size or not ?

I would say so yes I think they are a bit bigger.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

17 minutes ago, ricked20245 said:

neither i'm in  at Saudi Arabia but, i had the pad for only one week how the hell is they are flattened are they this, cheap and i heard that this are going to effect the quality 

Yeah they are going to effect the sound signature not quality. For the better imo. Also I meant like they are flat because they push on your head tightly. The standard pads are much smaller than the ones I linked tho.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

2 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Yeah they are going to effect the sound signature not quality. For the better imo. Also I meant like they are flat because they push on your head tightly. The standard pads are much smaller than the ones I linked tho.

yes i know i would love to go with them but i it doesn't worth it after all i'm not that rich so i need the every dollar i can save so yeah and i'm not that poor but i hope you get my point

7 minutes ago, ricked20245 said:

yes i know i would love to go with them but i it doesn't worth it after all i'm not that rich so i need the every dollar i can save so yeah and i'm not that poor but i hope you get my point

I absolutely get your point! Try some other headphone then. I think AKG k700 series has some big earcups. Same with sennheiser hd58x's

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

I absolutely get your point! Try some other headphone then. I think AKG k700 series has some big earcups. Same with sennheiser hd58x's

i will. thank you very much, i hope you're doing well in this time's 

Just now, ricked20245 said:

i will. thank you very much, i hope you're doing well in this time's 

You too.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

11 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

You too.

just a little question and you don't have to answer it if i'm bothering you i had use the Logitech g933 the drivers or i don't the plastic in top of the driver is curved are they similar in the hd58x or are they as big as Logitech g933 earcup. thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, ricked20245 said:

just a little question and you don't have to answer it if i'm bothering you i had use the Logitech g933 the drivers or i don't the plastic in top of the driver is curved are they similar in the hd58x or are they as big as Logitech g933 earcup. thanks in advance 

I don't get bothered at all! I don't think they are as big as the logitech ones. Maybe. I haven't really measured

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

3 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

That is because you have flattened the pads. Get these: https://www.electromod.co.uk/products/dekoni/EliteVelour/Dekoni-Elite-Velour-Ear-pads-for-Beyerdynamic-DT770-880-990-Headphones/

These are sooo much comfortable and they are memory foam. Which means it will take a long long time before they get squished. They are larger as well. Gives you a better soundstage imo.

Also we all aren't symmetrical in the ears or head so it might be touching more because your ear on the right is bigger or something like that. But get these pads if you want maximal comfort and great sound.

They shouldn't be flattened if the pads are new. My pads are a month old and my pads aren't flattened yet fully. It's possible one ear is bigger or pressure distribution is just not exact. To test that just try flipping orientation and see how it fits .

11 hours ago, rice guru said:

They shouldn't be flattened if the pads are new. My pads are a month old and my pads aren't flattened yet fully. It's possible one ear is bigger or pressure distribution is just not exact. To test that just try flipping orientation and see how it fits .

yeah i tried it's my ear, so i think the dekoni is going to be comfortable, but i don't think they will be worth it because the headphones itself with the shipping was 221 so yeah
but hd58x will be with the shipping 175 so i think they may be worth money. thanks everyone for the help

12 hours ago, Tigerleon said:

I don't get bothered at all! I don't think they are as big as the logitech ones. Maybe. I haven't really measured

then i hope they will be comfortable because logitech weren't that comfortable but they was more comfortable than the dt990 at least. thank you for the help

7 hours ago, ricked20245 said:

then i hope they will be comfortable because logitech weren't that comfortable but they was more comfortable than the dt990 at least. thank you for the help

If your curious I could take a picture of how both earpads compare when. I get home later to help you witha more informed purchase.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

If your curious I could take a picture of how both earpads compare when. I get home later to help you witha more informed purchase.

yeah please i'm really thankful for any more information i can get

thanks bro :)

(edit) little question idk if it's weird, but do people measure their ears and if they do. how to do it?