i need help on the Butterfly Labs ASIC 5-7GH/s Bitcoin Miner

Go to solution Solved by nox_,

You are a bit late to mining, at least by a few years. Not worth it these days.

how to i set up my Butterfly Labs ASIC 5-7GH/s Bitcoin Miner or BF0005G
the website is gone
same on the software all gone

so

how do i set it up

i want to mine bitcoin

i am new to this so sorry if i dont know the code names for it

9 minutes ago, nox_ said:

You are a bit late to mining, at least by a few years. Not worth it these days.

so is all of it dead

is there nothing a can mine

6 minutes ago, Ziondaman said:

so is all of it dead

is there nothing a can mine

Nothing of value, no.

You are very late to the party

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

21 minutes ago, Ziondaman said:

Butterfly Labs

They were shut down around 6 years ago

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

They were shut down around 6 years ago

so have have a box that dos nothing

and i cant mine at all

rip

Just now, Ziondaman said:

so have have a box that dos nothing

and i cant mine at all

rip

Hope you didn't pay much for it...

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Hope you didn't pay much for it...

na got it for free

Maybe because i am only familiar with bitmain miners but why is it considered useless? he can still plug it in and mine with it. Yes i am more than aware of how little it makes and if he were to connect to a pool the profits would be next to nothing. However he could connect as a solo miner and try for a whole block somewhere like solo.ckpool.org  Again Yes i know the odds are crazy and according to solochance.com the odds are it would take 305,762 years to mine a block at that speed. But in the same thing it's odds i know a guy that hit a block about 6 months ago at 50gh/s. again it's odds and luck. but screw it this time of year people are turning on their heaters anyway why not solo mine with a little space heater?

18 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

Maybe because i am only familiar with bitmain miners but why is it considered useless? he can still plug it in and mine with it. Yes i am more than aware of how little it makes and if he were to connect to a pool the profits would be next to nothing. However he could connect as a solo miner and try for a whole block somewhere like solo.ckpool.org  Again Yes i know the odds are crazy and according to solochance.com the odds are it would take 305,762 years to mine a block at that speed. But in the same thing it's odds i know a guy that hit a block about 6 months ago at 50gh/s. again it's odds and luck. but screw it this time of year people are turning on their heaters anyway why not solo mine with a little space heater?

lol

On 10/27/2020 at 9:24 PM, airborne spoon said:

mostly because the hardware is so old, that even the required software isn't even available anymore.

6 hours ago, RollinLower said:

mostly because the hardware is so old, that even the required software isn't even available anymore.

That is where i'm confused...

As i said i only use bitmain antminers so that is my frame of reference. It doesn't matter how old the thing is since even the antminer s1 still works fine today. The software is built into the miner so when it powers on you just go to its IP on your home network and adjust the settings to whatever pool and address that you want to mine on.

Are you saying that these butterfly miners require some sort of software that has to be installed on a seperate machine to work? because that is a seriously illogical design flaw.

13 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

That is where i'm confused...

As i said i only use bitmain antminers so that is my frame of reference. It doesn't matter how old the thing is since even the antminer s1 still works fine today. The software is built into the miner so when it powers on you just go to its IP on your home network and adjust the settings to whatever pool and address that you want to mine on.

Are you saying that these butterfly miners require some sort of software that has to be installed on a seperate machine to work? because that is a seriously illogical design flaw.

that the thing i dont know

fi i got it running that wood be fun

but i have know ida hiw this stuff works

• 2 years later...

set mine up to see what it does in binance smart pool

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 7:36 PM, 4l4nl33s said:

set mine up to see what it does in binance smart pool

fun fact i now use most of the internals for a entertainment system. were the box is now has a pi 4 with the fan still there.
it was a fun thing to dig around but in all i just cudent fully understand it.

how did it work in the end