Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super Confused about the platform

Budget (including currency):Around 3000MYR 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and MAYBE streaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I play at 1080p 144hz,but if the budget allows,i may go 1440p 144hz

There are a few parts where i need help

Core i5 10400F

Some cheap compatible motherboard

16gb ram

2070 super

Now i know everyone is gonna ask me to switch over the Ryzen for better multhreaded performance etc.But in my country the 10400f is just 654MYR while the cheapest 3600 i can find is 1000MYR.the other option is a 3500x but its a 6c/6t for 635MYR.Im also not looking for future compatibility because i usually sell the whole pc and build a new one.

Just now, boggy77 said:

go for it

is there anything to note other than ramspeed by going with the cheap motherboards,any good reommendations?Should i go for 10400f or 3500x?

by my guessing the 3070 is probably gonna go for 2.3k here for what i usually see with prices in malaysia.So unless big navi changes the whole market,im probably gonnna go for the 2070 super.Since im getting it second hand.2060 here still sells for 1.2k second hand

23 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

is there anything to note other than ramspeed by going with the cheap motherboards,any good reommendations?Should i go for 10400f or 3500x?

make sure the motherboard has a vrm heatsink. 

if they are the same price, go with the 10400f