Apple is a crappy company, change my mind. *Not clickbait or pure Apple hate*

Hello,

I genuinely would like someone to tell me why Apple is not as bad as I think and change my mind. Let me preface this by stating that I have been a loyal Apple customer for about a decade. I have an iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Air 3 (loved the Air 2), Apple Watch S3, MacBook Pro 2015 13in, and the Apple TV gen 4. I would LOVE to remain an Apple customer since it would be super easy to stay in the Apple ecosystem and I think they do make phenomenal products...usually.

My problem with Apple boils down to two main issues (and a couple examples):

1. Apple continues to commit Anti-Consumer practices.

1. Apple continually denies when their products break due to faulty design or manufacturing processes, instead, opting to blame the customer until they are forced to admit wrongdoing (usually due to overwhelming negative PR). (i.e. "You're holding it wrong" (iPhone 4) and "The MacBook/MB Pro 2015-2019 butterfly keyboard is great")

2. Apple is staunchly against the right to repair.

1. If I need a repair, I should be able to take it wherever I want to have it repaired or even broken further if I want to. As people like Louis Rossman have discussed, Apple makes it VERY difficult if not impossible for 3rd party businesses to be able to repair Apple products and provide timely customer service.

2. On a side note, I should also be able to install Linux or even malware (other than Windows) easily on my purchased hardware if I want. Apple's TPM chip should not prevent me from doing that. But I love MacOS so this is a not a big deal for me, just another gripe.

2. They continuously cut corners on their hardware and software at the cost of the customer.

1. The $350 HomePod was designed WITHOUT BLUETOOTH OR A HEADPHONE JACK! And most of the cool features of the HomePod, like instantly transferring music to/from your phone, were only available if you used Apple Music. See MKBHD's review here.

2. Even now, after years of customers pleading for this, Siri's 3rd party music support (i.e. asking Siri to play music on Spotify) is nowhere near as good as Google Assistant's. I fully believe that Apple could change this if they wanted to but they prefer to force the customer to use Apple Music without offering a superior service and competing on a level playing field.

3. IOS 14 comes with the Ability to change the default apps for the browser and mail client...only. This oddly leaves behind music and maps. When MKBHD asked Craig Federighi about this, he pretended that he wasn't aware that people wanted to change those apps just as much if not more than their browser and mail clients. He then said that he would keep it in mind for next time... Again, I call shenanigans.

4. Lastly, Apple has decided that they would no longer ship the USB type A power adapter in the box with the iPhone 12 while simultaneously changing the charging cable that is included in the box to a USB type C to lightening cable. The internet has talked about this at length so I won't delve deeper into it here. Basically, they say that it's for environmental reasons but that too seems like a lie.

Am I off target here or does Apple seem like they are truly taking advantage of consumer loyalty? I've loved their long term support and willingness to take steps to push the industry forward. However, the same company that unapologetically removed the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 and the USB type A ports from the MacBook Pro 2016 is now conveniently sticking with the lightening cable on iPhone 12 for what reason? 5G support but no Promotion screen? Why can't the "Pro Max" iPhone have more than 6GB of RAM? No it doesn't need it, but the consumer would surely benefit and is willing to pay for a luxury item. Google has made 8GB of RAM very affordable with the Pixel 5.

I'll end my rant here. I am interested in know what you all think. Change my mind. Believe it or not, I tried to keep this short. Thanks for any input that you all have. :)

Can you fix the formatting for Night mode please. Its basically unreadable for us.

Edit your post, highlight all the text then in the toolbar, click the button that says "Remove Formatting".

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

hehe apple bad!!!1! xd

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

removed hyperlinks, but at least it's readable in night theme

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Can you fix the formatting for Night mode please. Its basically unreadable for us.

Edit your post, highlight all the text then in the toolbar, click the button that says "Remove Formatting".

Sorry about that. Thanks for the how-to. I removed the formatting from my Word editor. :)

-Topic locked-

On 8/27/2018 at 5:44 PM, Whiskers said:

Community Standards

• No trolling or flame-bait.
    • This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25