Is skullcandy hesh3 wireless worth 70USD?Please help.

Demogorgon

There is currently a sale in the indian skullcandy store(skullcandy.in).

The skullcandy hesh 3 wireless is listed for 70USD(₹5000). Its original price was 140USD(₹10000).

I am planning on buying it.

I have never owned a decent pair of headphones so this is my first pair.

Does anyone use these heaphones,and are they worth the money?

BTW I will not be gaming with this, just casual music listening.

Newbie. Please forgive me if I say anything wrong. 

Skull candy headphones are dog shit. And that's not 50% off, they actually cost $70. They're just marking up the MSRP to make it seem like a sale.

AKG K72 headphones will sound 10 times as good at half the price

My memory is that skullcandy is a paper company.  They don’t actually make anything.  They just rebrand and mark up stuff.  Whatever headphones they are there is probably something else with a different name that is the same thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Skull candy headphones are dog shit. And that's not 50% off, they actually cost $70. They're just marking up the MSRP to make it seem like a sale.

AKG K72 headphones will sound 10 times as good at half the price

The reviews on youtube call it a 130USD headphone and is pretty great for that price.

Also I think this a limited time sale, almost all items on the store have 40-50% off.

Do you still think it’s marketing.?

Newbie. Please forgive me if I say anything wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Demogorgon said:

The reviews on youtube call it a 130USD headphone and is pretty great for that price.

Also I think this a limited time sale, almost all items on the store have 40-50% off.

Do you still think it’s marketing.?

Yes. Skullcandy has a worse rep than beats, which is a hard thing to accomplish.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Demogorgon said:

almost all items on the store have 40-50%

this proves that even more so, lots of companies raise the price of a product and then have a "sale" that sells the product at MSRP

Skullcandy make cheap products.

Unless you're 14 and can't afford good stuff, avoid.

The last and final product i bought from them were Uproar Wireless Headphones. They didn't even last 6 months and started to break at the seems, plus a nightmare if you wear glasses.

Sound quality is garbage 110% of the time.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Again, AKG K72. They are literally $30 in your country, absolute no brainer for the sound quality.

4 minutes ago, Demogorgon said:

Can you guys recomend a decent pair of over ear(not on ear heaphones) that have ANC in the same price point(70USD) that is not garbage?

@Aereldor

@MewMew

@litragex

@Bombastinator

Not I.  My ears are garbage.  I wouldn’t even be able to tell.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Can you guys recomend a decent pair of over ear(not on ear heaphones) that have ANC in the same price point(70USD) that is not garbage?

Right now I'm using Sennheiser HD 206's.

They were really cheap but surprisingly they've held up.

Spoiler

I'm a tiny little Asian girl so these are massive for me... they kind of work for me lol

I've had this set for a year and they're pretty okay for how much they were. They're definitely going to depreciate fully within the next year though so i don't know if i can recommend them. The over the ear fabric is not sweat-proof and is starting, emphasis on starting (nowhere near) depreciating.

They have a 2 year warranty, for this quality and price that's pretty good.

It also came with an amp plug which was a bonus, if you play guitar or bass that is.

EDIT*

I forgot to mention, i work from home most of the time and have been on sick leave for awhile so my usage of these headphones has been almost triple the average usage for the average user. So they might actually last longer for you.

Edited by MewMew

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

At this price point with all the features why not just go to the source of these skull candies and buy directly from Chinese brands like taotronics , mpow, and Anker they all make some half decent ANC wireless headsets at this price point